PDA

View Full Version : Daikin - Closing Flaps

JamRichard
15-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if somebody could help me. We have just moved into an office with Daikin ceiling units and I beleive there is a way of blocking off one or two of the flaps in these units. The two model numbers on the unit are:

FHYC45FJ7V1
BYC71FJW1

I think the first number is the actual fan unit and the second number is the decoration cover.

If anyone could explain how to block the flaps on this unit or provide a pdf manual I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Richard.

cool it
15-02-2007, 01:07 PM
If you contact daikin they can supply foam inserts for blocking the outlet or as i have seen before you could tape card over them but i would not advise this as sometimes they can put strain on the louvre motors or brake the cogs.
Contact Daikin and go with the inserts is my advice to you... hope that helps

Slim R410a
15-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Yea and remember also to program into the remote that the cassette is going to be a 3-way blow or 2-way blow etc for the fan to adjust.:)

Makeit go Right
22-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Or, when you next have your maintenance work done (ideally now-ish, before the cooling season starts up), get the engineer to bring along a length of Armaflex insulation - he can fit that in the same way. No delivery wait and does the job. Shouldn't really cost anything as the engineer is there anyway, doing maintenance work.

{I have seen cardboard collars hanging down vertically around the cassette, where the customer has resolved poor supply air - does not look so good though.)

That's a good point Slim made about re-programing the remote for the new 3-way/2-way blow arrangement -- often forgotten.

Obi Wan
22-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I have also seen cardboard fitted between the grille and the fan coil unit. Infact I have done it myself. You just need to loosen off the grille and insert a
rectangle shaped cardboard. It won’t get in the way of the louver motor, but don’t blank off more then 2 sides. You will need to program the unit for 2 way blow, which will increase the fan speed to maintain the same airflow across the heat exchanger.