PDA

View Full Version : DAIKIN AI ERROR help!!!!

philjd26
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
hello people,

i is having trouble with a daikin vrv, the problem started bout 3 months ago...i have 3 vrv,sys1,2 and 3, connected to a time schedule...i had an indoor p.c.b defect on sys 1,just a relay stuck keeping fan on! changed same and turned all systems off, then back on whilst holding reset button to accept new card....ever since sys 3 has had problems...sys 3 has 10x2-3kw wall mounts and sys1/2 are cassette type just in case that might be a factor....since this i got 5x indoor boards with ai error which in the manual suggests indoor board defect or noise problem,with no flow charts...either one of the two! so got on to the agent And he reckoned there was a scratch on programe of those boards...so took his advise and changed boards....50 resets on outdoor later got the system up ande running but to discover time schedule stuck in the initialization mode(88)....susspected dodgey timer due to other errors so replaced wit no sucsess...so decided to reset all systems, and ended up with another 4 boards diplaying ai error,,2 0f which i had just changed....SCAREY,..anyone have any suggestions??

Andy
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
hello people,

i is having trouble with a daikin vrv, the problem started bout 3 months ago...i have 3 vrv,sys1,2 and 3, connected to a time schedule...i had an indoor p.c.b defect on sys 1,just a relay stuck keeping fan on! changed same and turned all systems off, then back on whilst holding reset button to accept new card....ever since sys 3 has had problems...sys 3 has 10x2-3kw wall mounts and sys1/2 are cassette type just in case that might be a factor....since this i got 5x indoor boards with ai error which in the manual suggests indoor board defect or noise problem,with no flow charts...either one of the two! so got on to the agent And he reckoned there was a scratch on programe of those boards...so took his advise and changed boards....50 resets on outdoor later got the system up ande running but to discover time schedule stuck in the initialization mode(88)....susspected dodgey timer due to other errors so replaced wit no sucsess...so decided to reset all systems, and ended up with another 4 boards diplaying ai error,,2 0f which i had just changed....SCAREY,..anyone have any suggestions??

Hi Phil:)

did you use sheilded cable on the network:confused: or have you any network connection issues.

Kind Regards Andy:)

frank
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Is it G, H, K or M Series?

adams?
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
before you get more new pcbs try swopping a faulty one with one you know works and see if you can move the fault around or if the board starts working again on the different unit coz as andy suggests your signal wire may be suffering from interference. very unlikely to have so many faulty boards (although not unheard of!)

ntfreezer
13-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I have a big problem of oil. I build a screw compressor unit .The compressor soler told me I must use oil B100. The oil B100 is very expensive .Which oil can I use instead of BT100?

ntfreezer
13-02-2007, 11:49 AM
My email is n**r**zer@XXXXXXX

philjd26
13-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi Phil:)

did you use sheilded cable on the network:confused: or have you any network connection issues.

Kind Regards Andy:)

hi andy

no pal,cable is just flex.....i service guy didnt install but by the looks of things interconnecting cables seem alright nothing star wired!!!! no comms problems like u4 u5 etc...
just getting a AI...

philjd26
13-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Is it G, H, K or M Series?

hi frank
its a k series...

philjd26
13-02-2007, 08:52 PM
before you get more new pcbs try swopping a faulty one with one you know works and see if you can move the fault around or if the board starts working again on the different unit coz as andy suggests your signal wire may be suffering from interference. very unlikely to have so many faulty boards (although not unheard of!)

hi adam

i did try this but found the board still showing error when changed to a differant unit.... i suspect some sort of power supply problem like spiking various boards when powered up.....or something your guess is as good as mine.... agents for daikin will be on site some time this week will let you lads know!!!

frank
13-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I've checked in the manual which says, as you note, that it is an indoor pcb defect. The manual also says that you should change the indoor pcb, which you have done.

As I've never had this fault I'm struggling to come up with any additional advice for you, but I did note that you said you reset the system holding in the reset button. You don't need to do this, just power up as normal and then do a reset.

Maybe the button being held in whilst powering up is having an effect on the indoor pcb's? wouldn't think so but then again??

Let us know what the Daikin techy says.

puddleboy3
13-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Just a couple of questions is the fault code A1 or Ai? Does each indoor unit have its own remote controller? when replacing these PCB's have you fitted the capacity adapters? Double check that Daikin have sent you the correct PCB's for the units? Wouldnt be the first time ive had the wrong PCB. If you want I can check the part numbers for your pcbs if they are for the correct units!

Sounds like fun!:D

adams?
13-02-2007, 11:09 PM
yes let us know phil, sounds odd whatever!

philjd26
21-02-2007, 06:09 PM
hi der

just to give you lads an update on this problem....still no joy with this one,had a lad in frpom daikin he spent a few hours with me with no sucsess apart from getting the time schedule to work by disconnecting loop to problematic system other systems are now ok..daikikn suggested getting power lines checked which i did,whilst doing this one of the boards which was displaying AI,decided to wake up and display u9 along with the rest of the good boards,so went to out door and tapped the reset till comms check was finalised,went down had a look at controller and it was back up and running again,i feel there is something wrong with the programe,can anybody tell me the comunication process of these systems,do they all comunicate to each other or does outdoor talk to b.s... b.s box talk to indoor..etc...

philjd26
21-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Just a couple of questions is the fault code A1 or Ai? Does each indoor unit have its own remote controller? when replacing these PCB's have you fitted the capacity adapters? Double check that Daikin have sent you the correct PCB's for the units? Wouldnt be the first time ive had the wrong PCB. If you want I can check the part numbers for your pcbs if they are for the correct units!

Sounds like fun!:D

hi mate

ha yeah i could think of more fun things to be doing like cleaning a few air filters ...the code is Ai...yes i did get capacity adapters,for the new boards that i installed,weather they are the rite adapters i dont know..i just take their word for it...do you think this could be problem.??? do yo want model number of units??? by the way changing a board in these things is a pain in arse...small daikkin wall mount... lets know anyway

rgrds phil

philjd26
21-02-2007, 06:28 PM

hi adam,
yes i tried what you said and the boards check out to be faulty...i beginning to think puddleboy is on to something..the capacity thing sounds rite,, maybe boards dont recognise themself and jus throw out this error....

Obi Wan
22-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Hello Phil,

Have you got the model number of the kit or even what series the kit is. The fault code is unlikely to be Ai, as the fault codes only go up to AF. See the attached. Could it be A9. This code catches out most people. It’s down to a faulty EEV motor and is only detected when the indoor units are powered up. If on one system one indoor unit has a faulty EEV and you reset the power supply to that unit, it will display A9 while all other units will display U9 (communication error between indoor units).
So the point is always to look for the odd one out first.
If you replaced the indoor PCB, check the model number printed on the PCB is the same as the model number of the fan coil.

philjd26
23-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Hello Phil,

Have you got the model number of the kit or even what series the kit is. The fault code is unlikely to be Ai, as the fault codes only go up to AF. See the attached. Could it be A9. This code catches out most people. It’s down to a faulty EEV motor and is only detected when the indoor units are powered up. If on one system one indoor unit has a faulty EEV and you reset the power supply to that unit, it will display A9 while all other units will display U9 (communication error between indoor units).
So the point is always to look for the odd one out first.
If you replaced the indoor PCB, check the model number printed on the PCB is the same as the model number of the fan coil.

hi mate thanks for info

i have been getting this error since i started servicing the kit....it is a k series, and i did get adaptors for the various boards giving trouble...the error is a1,judging by your attch...tried resetting controllers by holding test and on/off button for 10 sec,but just blinks a1 straight away...its definitly something to do with indoor board would say weather it be a capacity thing,or defect of board,,or defect of installation..or particular model has probs...i dont know,meeting daikin lads next week..will let you know

philjd26
16-04-2007, 01:01 PM
hi lads

been a while since i have been online as broadband prob....however this a1 problem that i having is looking like been solved....met with daikin lads and came across various boards not knowing what capacity they are or weather they are wall mount or casette etc....why dis happened i dont know yet, we going to get boards diagnoised in belgium....maybe software was mot instlled properly....however, have to change 6 boards.....