PDA

View Full Version : Should dial change fridge temperature??

Trisha
10-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Hello,
I appreciate your help please; :)
I Purchased new beko CDA539FW frost free fridge freezer 2 weeks ago. It has temp dial going from 1-5.....which I think may be faulty

I have set it to number 1 but the fridge is constantly at zero deg C and freezer around 22.
The food in the fridge isn't frozen but is very cold.
I tried increasing dial to 5 as an experiment and freezer went down to -38 but fridge stayed at zero (although frozen ice drops appeared at the back of the fridge wall)

I asked for a replacement and got one, but temp is the same. :confused:

My question is should I accept things? should I be glad to have a very cold fridge? will it get warmer over time?
Is food really supposed to be stored at 2-5 degrees? :confused:
will food still be ok? :rolleyes:
or should I make a fuss again with beko or even change model? :mad:
thanks!

Latte
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Trisha,

The Thermostat ONLY controls the freezer not the fridge.
A simple explanation is that the refrigeration system runs through the freezer first and then into the fridge. As its one system then more the freezer is working the more the fridge is too.
Ideally you want the freezer running -18 to -22
fridge ideal is 3-5 but wont hurt as long as it doesnt go below 0 and starts freezing things although the coil at the back of the fridge will freeze as this is what cools it.
set youre stat for the freezer and see what happens when it settles down, obviously if the freezer door is open a lot then the refrigeration system will run more to cool the freezer and then cool the fridge more as well.

Hope this explains how it works, the answer to youre problem is that there is no control for the fridge temp on that model, try to keep the freezer door closed as much as possible

Hope this helps

Regards

Raymond

chillin out
11-02-2007, 01:51 AM
I would say your thermometers are reading wrong.
If the fridge is sitting at a constant zero deg c then ice will form on your products.

You already say your food is not freezing, and I take it that your food is not going 'off'.(?)

I have set it to number 1 but the fridge is constantly at zero deg C and freezer around 22.
So erm... whats the problem again?

I suggest that you throw away your thermometers and stop worrying about it unless you start having problems with your food.

p.s. you only get what you pay for.

Chillin:) :)

Peter_1
11-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Raymond, isn't it just the other way, the thermostats controls the fridge and the freezer is as you said running with the fridge.
IS the bulb still firmly attached to the evaporator plate?
http://uk.refrignet.danfoss.com/TechnicalInfo/Literature/Manuals/07/DN45A602.pdf

Andy
11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Raymond, isn't it just the other way, the thermostats controls the fridge and the freezer is as you said running with the fridge.
IS the bulb still firmly attached to the evaporator plate?
http://uk.refrignet.danfoss.com/TechnicalInfo/Literature/Manuals/07/DN45A602.pdf

Hi Peter:)

I had the pleasure of working at one of these freezers last night for the wifes uncle:confused:

Went I arrived it would not run, so I switched off the thermostat then set it for 5 (I also pulled the phail a bit to get the stat out to check the electrical connections)

Guess what, it is running perfect:eek:

I would assume that the stat phail is attached to the evaporator in the freezer (phail heads that direction). I didn't see any plate evap in the fridge, I would assume the fridge is cooled by an air duct from the freezer.

Having said that I really didn't look as I was happy not to have to do any real work on it:o

Also noted it has the smallest pot in the world fitted to it, much smaller than the usually small under counter fridge. The stat is probably just a back up, I would doubt if the fridge freezer compressor ever stops running in a warm ambient:eek:

Kind Regards Andy

Trisha
12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Trisha,

Hope this explains how it works, the answer to youre problem is that there is no control for the fridge temp on that model, try to keep the freezer door closed as much as possible

Hope this helps
Regards
Raymond

Thank you very much Raymond, very useful info.
...this helps a lot :)

Trisha
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
I suggest that you throw away your thermometers and stop worrying about it unless you start having problems with your food.

Chillin:) :)

Great advice too...kind of what i needed to hear...and suspected...

Big thanks ;)