PDA

View Full Version : Walkin cooler

masooda
08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I live in New York, when ever the outside temperature is lower then the freezing point, my walkin cooler stops cooling. The condenser of walkin cooler is on the roof of the building, size of walkin cooler is 6 ft X 20 ft. I hope some one can help me on this topic
Thank You
Arif

Brian_UK
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Masooda and welcome to the forum.

It sounds as though that due to the low outside temperature the refrigerant pressure within your cooling system is unable to rise above a low limit switch and start the unit.

This could be due to a out of adjustment pressure switch or perhaps a slight shortage of refrigerant but it seems that the systems needs looking at by a refrigeration technician.

masooda
08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank You;)

NH3LVR
08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi Masooda;
Brian is of course correct.
A trick often used (although I am not recommending it) is to put a heat source such as a light bulb up near the Compressor. Of course this can cause a fire. If you have a Refrigeration Mechanic come out and install some sort of crankcase heater on the compressor your problem will go away.
I love simple service calls like this.:)

michael7
09-02-2007, 04:57 PM
This problem use to happen all the time when I was a lad because system temperatures were controlled by LP's. In summer we would have to adjust LP's to a higher range to stop them freezing the product and then in winter we have to go round again to lower them as the units would not cut in at all, happened mostly on hermetics, things ligh 3/4" Visions and other high temperature cases. Good business though, got paid for each call out.