PDA

View Full Version : Its all gone quiet

Simon Butler
30-04-2002, 11:03 PM
OK I've got my insurance sorted, anyone know where the work is?
Things seem quiet all round at the moment, any marketing tips greatly appreciated.

Roll on summer!

Simon:cool:

herefishy
30-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Do you have your business cards printed yet?

Andy
01-05-2002, 07:59 PM
Hi, Simon, things are far from quiet where I am. As you may know I started up in my own country for a Uk industrial company. Things work wise were quiet-normal at the start, but I used this time for sales and setting up my office and sorting out what gear I needed and where to get what if I needed.
Now my sales are showing fruit and I have work in frount of me for the whole year and I am contemplating borrowing an engineer from another branch until I get a local person trained in the UK.
My advise is write a company profile and a bit of sales literature, just a simple letter of introduction and send this to people you know. In the letter request a meeting and follow that request up with a phone call.
Start with old customers first, people you have helped out in the past. Follow up on those problem plant that have given problems over the years, the ones everybody avoid, I have found a few simple mods usualy cure even the worst plants, leading to great customer satisfaction and a good name for yourself.
Finally find a market that others are avoiding, mine as you see is plant mods on troublesome plants. I also sell packaged units, water chillers/through the wall pre-built refrigeration, this is may way of combating the comercial man who sell a cheap condensing unit to do the job of a compressor pack or a central NH3 system.
Don't give up promoting youself, if all else fails take a part time job to finance your business, I know a guy who fixed industrial PCB boards who sold stationary to set himself up.
Regards, Andy.