PDA

View Full Version : ASPERA compressor

541jamesw
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi My name is James and I do hand engraving. The tool I use is powered by an ASPERA compressor. The model # is T2134A it will not fully compress to 120LBS and it will not shut off. Any help . Thanks James

LRAC
07-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi My name is James and I do hand engraving. The tool I use is powered by an ASPERA compressor. The model # is T2134A it will not fully compress to 120LBS and it will not shut off. Any help . Thanks James

Hi jamesw

I'm affraid it has bit the dust and stopped pumping get rid of it.

Regards
Lrac

taz24
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM

Fridge compressors are sometimes used for air compressors.
If it does not pump the same now then unfortunatley it would appear to be faulty.
Any hermetic compwill replace it.

Cheers taz.

chillin out
07-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I take it you have checked for air leaks?

Chillin:) :)

Electrocoolman
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi James,
I've come across refrigeration style hermetic compressors used for air compressor applications before.
One problem with compressing air is MOISTURE.
In the particular case that springs to mind, the user had not been instructed in the need to drain the air receiver (tank) on a regular basis, or to run the unit when draining for a sufficiently long period such that the moisture is driven from the compressor.

Often with these small units with low air consumption, the compressor only runs for short periods. Consequently, it does not have enough running time for it to get hot enough and condensation forms inside the compressor internals.
This causes rusting of the internals and failure results.
As with refrigeration use, these compressors are designed to only pump gas, not liquid ...any liquid such as condensation or worse still, water backup from the receiver (air Tank) due to not having been drained will kill the compressor.
Advice is to drain the tank daily or weekly depending on level of use. I would then let the compressor pump for a good 10-15mins allowing it to discharge to air allowing to really warm up and drive any moisture out.
Does this unit have an oil level sight glass / drain point? If so do you ever change the oil?
You will need to replace your compressor but then learn to look after your new one.