PDA

View Full Version : how to evaluate a product

Lc_shi
06-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi sir
We often say some product is good ,some is not good.Which is the key factors to evaluate a product?
Performance / outlook /price / life /reliability etc?
Based on what procedures,we can design and manufacture a good product?
Do you have any good ideas,let us share:) thks

best regards
LC

taz24
06-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi sir
We often say some product is good ,some is not good.Which is the key factors to evaluate a product?
Performance / outlook /price / life /reliability etc?
Based on what procedures,we can design and manufacture a good product?
Do you have any good ideas,let us share:) thks

best regards
LC

This could come into so many catagories as to prove imposible to answer:)
For me a good product would be classed as one that is cost effective, reliable and available.
My views only:)

Cheers taz.

Lc_shi
07-02-2007, 03:28 AM
you're absolutely right:)
But I want to get the essence of a good product and how to get it as an r&d engineer.

thanks
LC

Peter_1
07-02-2007, 07:09 AM
LcShi, welcome back, lines repaired?
I hadn't heard about earthquakes in China, saw the flooding in Jakarta/INdonesia.
For many products, there are well known standards to control products so that comparisons are made on the same base.
What were you thinking about?

Lc_shi
08-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi peter
How are you?
It's in Taiwan ,not in China mainland. But the cable is broken.
I'm planning to manufacture HVAC products,so I wonder is there any standard procedure for how to design and manufacture good product.For Chinese product are regarded as not good, I hope to make top quality product,how about the access to it:)
need helpful ideas

regards
LC

ernestlin
08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Personnally, It's a complex topic relating to something about function design, energy efficiency, products' quality, cost, profit, after service etc, and it includes different concepts in different areas. So, it may be difficult to answer in the round. Some veterans of those fields could make the satisfactory answers.

The Viking
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
No 1. Reliability
No 2. Reliability
No 3. Easy to repair when it proves not to be reliable
No 4. It needs to look like if it's reliable
No 5. Flexibility, you can produce the best A/C system in the world but unless it can be fitted in most situations, it's never going to be the preferred unit.
No 6. Easy to service and maintain
No 7. Easy to install
The above is my personal list, unfortunately in today's society "Cost effective" will be quite high on that list.
:cool:

Samarjit Sen
08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Lc,

I would say a product is good from the performance and the reliability. It is good to know that you propose to manufacture some HVAC products. Could I ask you as to what you propose to manufacture?

With best wishes,

Lc_shi
09-02-2007, 02:01 AM
No 1. Reliability
No 2. Reliability
No 3. Easy to repair when it proves not to be reliable
No 4. It needs to look like if it's reliable
No 5. Flexibility, you can produce the best A/C system in the world but unless it can be fitted in most situations, it's never going to be the preferred unit.
No 6. Easy to service and maintain
No 7. Easy to install
The above is my personal list, unfortunately in today's society "Cost effective" will be quite high on that list.
Appreciate what you list, i'm not sure the reliability or the cost /performance ratio should be listed at the 1st.Because the reliability is invisible:o

thaks
LC

taz24
09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Appreciate what you list, i'm not sure the reliability or the cost /performance ratio should be listed at the 1st.Because the reliability is invisible:o

thaks
LC

Why don't you list what you think the list should look like?
We could then evaluate what you want and debate it.
At the moment you seem to want a specific responce and are not happy with what you have been given.
Let us know what you want and then perhaps we can contribute?

taz

The Viking
10-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Ahh Lc,
Reliability is invisible, so is every other item on my list apart from the "look reliable".
But if you design anything that you are planning to mass produce, then you have to design to build a reputation.

If your product looks like the dog's shiny bits, then you might initially sell a large quantity but how much you sell after a period of time will depend on your reputation.

For example, look at the motorcycle industry. There is no surprise that the Japanese manufacturers are the biggest players. Ducatis, Harleys and Triumphs all look nice but on my Yamaha I can cross Europe, in any weather, and expect to get to my destination without breaking down.

Josip
15-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi,

Ahh Lc,
Reliability is invisible........

For example, look at the motorcycle industry. There is no surprise that the Japanese manufacturers are the biggest players. Ducatis, Harleys and Triumphs all look nice but on my Yamaha I can cross Europe, in any weather, and expect to get to my destination without breaking down.

Not only in motorcycle industry;) , seems they can make a better copy then original and then develop it to new high standard....like Mycom, Daikin and so on....

Anyhow we need years to establish our brand, products....

In my opinion there must be some connection with culture...meaning when you do something do it well and within short time you must success ;)

Best regards, Josip :)