PDA

View Full Version : Accson Air Conditioning Units Good Or Bad

blueclarky
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
EVENING ALL RECENTLY BEEN APPROACHED BY ACCSON TRYING TO SELL THEIR RANGE OF AC UNITS ANYBODY GOT FEED BACK GOOD OR BAD
THANKS
BC

Latte
05-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry, Never heard of them, Dont know if thats a good or bad thing though

Regards

Ray

blueclarky
05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
They Are Produced In Malaysia Are Distributed By Je Hall

Suffolk Fridge
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
The units i have worked on are pretty cheap looking units with no condenser fan speed control (r407c) and a monster to get spares for. I suppose if you are after very cheap no frills units then acson is a way to go, although i wouldnt want to put my name to one. Havent seen a new range on r410a units, maybe they have improved. Maybe not.
This is one opinion, i'm sure you will find some acson fans out there.....

Andy W
06-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I only fitted 2 wall mounts and a cassette, very cheap, one of mine rusted badly within 3 months, poor paint coverage on the panels, the distributors tried to charge me carriage on a fan blade which failed on a unit less than 3 months old, not impressed, not touching them again.

davej
06-02-2007, 08:32 PM
We fitted about 10 systems a couple of years ago and to be honest we havnt had any problems with the mechanics of them at all. having said that they are not our favourite units to install but they are cheap.

frank
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Suffolk Fridge and welcome to the forum.

I hope you post a plenty and also share your experiences with us :)

LRAC
07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
EVENING ALL RECENTLY BEEN APPROACHED BY ACCSON TRYING TO SELL THEIR RANGE OF AC UNITS ANYBODY GOT FEED BACK GOOD OR BAD
THANKS
BC

If you want to build up a reputation as a good supplier i suggest you stick to better know equipment manufacturers.

Regards
Lrac

flare nut
08-02-2007, 11:20 AM
don't go near them mate. i have installed one and had no end of problems with it rusting and getting spares was a nightmare. very cheap looking and in this day in age very un efficent. this was a couple of years ago so they may have changed but i wouldn;t go near them again

RickSter
21-02-2007, 10:35 AM
They use the philosophy that if you have minimal electrics , then there is less to break. Cheap no frills unit that does the job at a low cost. They claim to have minimal warranty problems but I've heard that before.

greref
21-02-2007, 10:47 PM
hey fellows....am looking for a system to cool a room 10x12x8 to 0 degree celcius..
any suggestion as to which company or distributor, preferred area Miami / Florida.

ginger ninja
15-03-2007, 12:22 PM
if you are not sure get them to do you a deal on your first one. Try it for a few months and see how it performs. If they are that desperate for your business then they'll do you a deal.
On the other hand a lot of kit is only as good as the engineer that installs it. Sometimes you need to take a little bit more time with them as they are not as robust as say a midrange brand.