PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi - fridge is warm but freezer is cold.

Bob Ball
05-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi there,
I would appreciate some advice. My Zanussi fridge is warm but my freezer is cold.
I suspect the thermostat might be the problem. When it’s turned fully down, the compressor does not switch off.
Both door seals, seem ok. The problem came to notice, after the appliance was accidentally turnoff for about 24hours. The appliance is a Zanussi 50/17, Refrigerator Freezer: one thermostat in fridge, one compressor and one condenser. Automatic defrosting.
Thanks,
Bob

taz24
06-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi there,
I would appreciate some advice. My Zanussi fridge is warm but my freezer is cold.
I suspect the thermostat might be the problem. When it’s turned fully down, the compressor does not switch off.
Both door seals, seem ok. The problem came to notice, after the appliance was accidentally turnoff for about 24hours. The appliance is a Zanussi 50/17, Refrigerator Freezer: one thermostat in fridge, one compressor and one condenser. Automatic defrosting.
Thanks,
Bob

The fault is quite common to fridge freezers in the contex you have described. Unfortunatley is does not bode well from what you have explained.
The system may have one of a few problems with it and to find the actual fault you do need it looking at, that aside to me it sounds like either the comp is not pumping efficently or you have lost some of the gas charge. Both are fairly expensive to repair.

taz.

Electrocoolman
11-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Bob I have to agree with Taz,
Probably shortage of gas.
How cold is freezer? Have you put a thermometer in it.
Is there a metal plate (evaporator) in the back of the fridge or does the plastic back get cold.? If this style of design, you might very well notice an accumulation of ice building up in one area...
Alternatively, is the fridge cooled by cold air from the freezer? This would point to a blocked or restricted duct between the two compartments.

Best get engineer in to fix it.