PDA

View Full Version : "process connector/line" help??

Wrightyengineer
03-02-2007, 02:24 AM
At home i have a freezer which runs on R600a..it seemed to not be working to its full potentioal..so as i do not work with R600a..and it still has a parts warranty we arranged for one of CDA's engineers to take a look. He said the compressor needed changing. After a 2 month wait and no reply we phoned them and they sent a guy round...he now says its not the compressor and that the system has a leak. I was at work at the time but my dad was their. The bloke told my dad it cannot be fixed. And tht CDA will sell us a new Freezer with 30% discount. However..after i looked at the freezer...i did notice a hole on the "process line/connector" coming off the compressor. Propane WAS leaking out as i ran the freezer. Could you tell me waht the "process line/connector" is for? And can the freezer be fixed? I should think it can be surely? Yuor help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

fridg
03-02-2007, 03:45 AM
The process line is for putting gas in , if it is coming out there , a service rep should be able to put it back in.

taz24
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
i did notice a hole on the "process line/connector" coming off the compressor. Propane WAS leaking out as i ran the freezer. Could you tell me waht the "process line/connector" is for? And can the freezer be fixed? I should think it can be surely? Yuor help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Is the hole perfectly round.
If it is I think it will be from the line tap valve that the service engineer fitted and then removed.

taz.

Peter_1
03-02-2007, 05:44 PM
TAz24, was thinking the same, but isn't it not still under warranty?