PDA

View Full Version : Cappilary system query?

setrad7791
30-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi there everyone! Just was after sum info regarding
a basic fridge system... have been making sum query's on this subject for a while but no one seems to no the answer! ok here goes... I have a standard two door upright fridge (glass doors 2 degress) i have just replace the condensing unit which has a liquid reciever fitted factory standard, my question is being capillary feed will the reciever have an adverse affect on the system? I realize the system is a critical charge and requires the correct head pressure to maintain correct flow through cappilary but will the reciever affect refrigerant flow through the cappilary?

olumide
30-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Base on your question the only way to get your system refrigerant regulated is throuhg your compressor size, it's only way out,reason been that the capilliary can't regulate refrigerant it's fixed .

LRAC
30-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi setrad7791

You may well get problems i'd remove the liquid reciever.

Regards
Lrac

Dr._Fleck
30-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Try it, if you get problems take the receiver off.
In theory it will work fine, will take a bit more gas though due to it (probably) having a 3/8 liquid line

DeB
03-02-2007, 01:25 AM
You will have problems with liquid refrigerant still feeding on the off cycle. This will cause liquid refrigerant to enter the compressor causing oil dilution or worse. Also if you have a low starting torque compressor the pressures will not equalize until the liquid seal is broken.

taz24
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
You will have problems with liquid refrigerant still feeding on the off cycle. This will cause liquid refrigerant to enter the compressor causing oil dilution or worse. Also if you have a low starting torque compressor the pressures will not equalize until the liquid seal is broken.

If you criticaly charge the system then why would liquid flood to the comp?
On a cappilary system the last turn of the condenser is full of liquid anyway.
If you charge the reciever so that it has the bare minimum in it then it will only act like the last turn of the condenser.

Cheers taz.

Peter_1
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
TAz24, you're right ans DeB gave the correct reason why it's dangerous to do with a receiver.
But saying like Dr_Fleck that you have to try it first and remowe the receiver if it doesn't work is not a good advise. It will indeed work in theory but why change proper procedures, why not giving right way the only right method to do it.

SHERYCOOL
07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
in a Cappilary tube system you must remove liquid reciever .

Actinide
07-03-2007, 06:37 AM
in a Cappilary tube system you must remove liquid reciever .

Correct:) . I work on beverage display cabinets and all units are capillary. Capillary systems have not got liquid receivers apart from TX / TEV etc: operating units.

But you should have a suction line accumulator to stop liquid flood-back upon starting.

(setrad7791 "what was the reason for replacing the condensing unit" just curious:rolleyes: )

Peter_1
07-03-2007, 07:07 AM
......but will the reciever affect refrigerant flow through the cappilary?

In fact, this was your only question and the answer to it is 'no'
It can work if you charge it critically.
But as stated in other posts, other problems then could arise.

raviperumal
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi,
Have you tried out with liquid receiver?

BR/ravi perumal

Paul@paulrobert
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Take the reciever off as it will cause the unit to starve for refrigerant if you are critically charging the unit and it would take some serious calculations to work out the additional charge required to compensate for the reciever

goodguy
10-03-2007, 01:53 AM
15% of total reciever capacity is needed to form a liquid seal on liquid line, even with critical charge,(minimum) if ambient temp changes condenser will stack liquid and not give proper flood. Also less efficient with reciever, no sub cooling.