PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux f/f er7926b has me baffled!

eam1956
29-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Got called out to This fridge freezer, found timer u/s fitted new one and defrosted evap and topped up refrigerant.
Freezer section is ok but no cold air is reaching fridge via shaft, as far as I can tell there is no flap mechanism on this model. Strange thing is when you open the freezer door cold air spills into the fridge as normal.
The stat sensor is in the fridge vent and just switches the whole thing off if activated. Evap temp is spot on and evap fan is working ok.
Never had problems with this model before so I am puzzled, am I missing something obvious? any advice would be welcome.

Brian_UK
30-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Got called out to This fridge freezer, found timer u/s fitted new one and defrosted evap and topped up refrigerant.
Freezer ..............
So it has a leak somewhere? What where the pressures before the top up? Has it drawn in air,?

eam1956
30-01-2007, 01:23 AM
It is on 134a it was on a slight vacuum, coil is fully frosted now there is no signifigant leak showing up. Refrigeration is working well its just not pushing the cold air up into the fridge compartment.

Abe
31-01-2007, 07:34 AM
It is very rare for a domestic to require topping up, entails fitting a service valve, etc,

Anyway, the cold not creeping up into the fridge section, I vaguely remembered a similar scenario....

For the cold to travel into the fridge compartment, it travels via a duct which has a flap mechanism....

Something was disrupting this flow.......either a door not closing properly.........I cant remember, Ill have to try speak with the tech who was on that job with me.

All I remember it was strange,

Sorry I wish I could have helped more

Andy W
06-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Does it have a flap and heater in the chimney duct section? if the heater fails the flap will freeze in a closed position.

davej
06-02-2007, 09:29 PM
it may have a second fan to move air into the fridge section which may be off. you need to prove the air duct is clear as the others have suggested it could be iced up

Rhew
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I had similar problem with a hotpoint once and then it was ice plugging up the duct. Oh you havent perhaps removed the fan blade and stuck it back on wrong way ?. just a suggestion.