PDA

View Full Version : Capacitor Values for rotary compressor?

The MG Pony
29-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi I got a Matsushi-ta 2K-17-C3-R12-6A Rotary but it had no electrical and I can't find a PDF with the pin out and the value for the run cap. It is a PSC type unit that much I've been able to find out.

Is there any formula for calculating the correct size? but then again I have no power specs either :(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian_UK
30-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Found a bit on it but not the pin-out or cap yet..
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/appliance/pdf/features_and_benefits.pdf

Peter_1
30-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi I got a Matsushi-ta 2K-17-C3-R12-6A Rotary but it had no electrical and I can't find a PDF with the pin out and the value for the run cap. It is a PSC type unit that much I've been able to find out.

Is there any formula for calculating the correct size? but then again I have no power specs either :(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can't calculate this, these are values found by practical tests in the factory.

The MG Pony
30-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Peachy. Well I think I found the pin outs finaly. I still hear the damned beeping in my ears 5 houres later <_<

The MG Pony
30-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Found a bit on it but not the pin-out or cap yet..
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/appliance/pdf/features_and_benefits.pdf

Ya thats the one I found, had a bit o info but nothing that can be realy used. Thanks for posting it non the less!

momo
31-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Digging out college notes found a formula (Warning NO responsibility/liability accepted::eek:):
Permanent condenser Split phase motor:
Note 1: "When running the Condenser should absorb 1Kva per Kw of motor power"
Note 2: low starting torque

C=(P*10^6)/(w*(V*V)) where C is uF; V=mains line voltage; P=motor power in watts (from horsepower conversion); w=2*(22/7)*Hz (Hz cycles of your mains)

Leaves one with the problem of what power is the motor, where did you get it from ? Any data there, otherwise the challenge will be work out HP based on cc/rev and rpm... any other formulas out there?

Dedicated to Santi for his near unreadable photocopies!!:D

The MG Pony
31-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Awsome thanks. Now just need to find out its power draw in either amps or watts or horse power!

McGuiver
24-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Digging out college notes found a formula (Warning NO responsibility/liability accepted::eek:):

C=(P*10C=(P*10^6)/(w*(V*V)) where C is uF; V=mains line voltage; P=motor power in watts (from horsepower conversion); w=2*(22/7)*Hz (Hz cycles of your mains)
6)/(w*(V*V)) where C is uF; V=mains line voltage; P=motor power in watts (from horsepower conversion); w=2*(22/7)*Hz (Hz cycles of your mains)

Please forgive my ignorance. In your fornula you use the symbol "^", I do not know the usage of this symbol. what does it mean? I thank you very much.

Peter_1
24-07-2008, 05:15 PM

C=(P*10^6)/(w*(V*V)) where C is uF; V=mains line voltage; P=motor power in watts (from horsepower conversion); w=2*(22/7)*Hz (Hz cycles of your mains)

Leaves one with the problem of what power is the motor, where did you get it from ? Any data there, otherwise the challenge will be work out HP based on cc/rev and rpm... any other formulas out there?

Someone crosschecked this already with real -world compressors?
Never saw this before in any book but anything is possible.

chemi-cool
24-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Pony,

If you know the HP or capacity in BTU and its AC compressor, I will give you a list of capacitors per compressor.

paul_h
26-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Please forgive my ignorance. In your fornula you use the symbol "^", I do not know the usage of this symbol. what does it mean? I thank you very much.It means to the power of, that's how most people write it using normal keyboard characters.
eg speed of light is 3×10^8 m/s 3 times 10 to the power of 8.

nike123
05-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Check here (https://pcom.panasonic.com.my/pcom/naming.asp) your model no.! It should be something like this:
2P17C3R126ASA

Model Certification Performance Parameters Outside Dimensions Capacity(W) Power(W) Noise (dB)

2P17C3R126ASA UL/CSA 3300 1085 65 241 270 75 107 53/8.06 12.9 88/60

Found here! (http://www.made-in-china.com/china-products/productviewFfYQxMElomgG/Rotary-Compressor-for-Room-Air-Conditioner-K-Series.html)