PDA

View Full Version : oil preasure

john howie
29-01-2007, 07:34 PM
having problem with oil preasure on a sabroe smc108. just changed all the heads shaft seal,oil filter,and oil change.runs on r22 . suction preasure set at 2.1 bar . can only get 2 bar oil preasure. tried ajusting preasure but not getting anywere. any suggestions
lads.

nh3wizard
29-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Strainers plugged?

GHAZ
29-01-2007, 11:39 PM
worn Bearings Or Big End

kevinlewis1970
30-01-2007, 12:06 AM
[quote=john howie;58960]having problem with oil preasure on a sabroe smc108. just changed all the heads shaft seal,oil filter,and oil change.runs on r22 . suction preasure set at 2.1 bar . can only get 2 bar oil preasure. tried ajusting preasure but not getting anywere. any suggestions
lads.[/quote

Are you carrying oil over? I once had the unloader leaking oil past the seal. You would have proberbly seen excessive oil in the heads or surrounding area.

kevinlewis1970
30-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Also have u atually removed the oil pressure adjusting screw and checked the adjusting mechanism to see if its springs broke.
Am I right in saying there is an oil cooler in the sump? In the pipework to the oil cooler and filter the pipes have gaskets and 'o'rings inside. Make sure they have not perished and are leaking by.

US Iceman
30-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Assuming the oil pressure was acceptable before the repairs my guess is it has something to do with the repairs themselves.

Since the shaft seal was replaced is there any sort of oil passage that could be partially blocked off, or open where it's not supposed to be?

It almost seems as if the oil pressure is bypassing somehow.

Quality
30-01-2007, 08:56 AM
is the drive dog / key missing from the pump gear

abdulazman
30-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi John Howie,

Check the oil pressure regulator itself.
Check on the plunger or the surface of the hole.

LOL mate.

mkattos70
02-03-2007, 11:06 PM
having problem with oil preasure on a sabroe smc108. just changed all the heads shaft seal,oil filter,and oil change.runs on r22 . suction preasure set at 2.1 bar . can only get 2 bar oil preasure. tried ajusting preasure but not getting anywere. any suggestions
lads.
it is possible the refrigerant may be contaminated,acids ets and blocking the oil filter,check the prssures using a gause again befor eand after oil filter again

Andy
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi John Howie:)

as the guys say check the oil pressure relief valve. We once rebuilt a SMC106 pressed in new main bearings, a peice of swarf from the casing came off during the pressing and ended up in the releif valve. The guy I sent to the job was well worried, I asked him to tap the releif valve with a hammer and tell me what happened to the oil pressure, it increased by 0.3bar.

So I sent him up the next morning, he stripped the valve and found the swarf, boy was he happy:D

Another possible fault is the older MK11 oil filters have some small pipes for degasing and pressure sending, these break and loose you oil pressure:(

Also had a machine SMC108 I built that lost oil pressure after running for an hour. The MK11 has a sleeve fit pipe on the discharge side of the oil pump in the sump, this has an oring that wears with vibration, in this case the sleeve was worn, so I packed the oring and it ran perfect since.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards Andy:)

dolce
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
HI
Check bearing for oil pump
regards

Josip
12-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi, John Howie :)

lads.

What was cause of your problem? (assuming you solved it;) )

Best regards, Josip :)