PDA

View Full Version : Foot wear

bernard
28-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi

Could some please recommend some decent safety shoes,Ive never found a decent pair yet.:mad:

Regards Bernard

LRAC
28-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Could some please recommend some decent safety shoes,Ive never found a decent pair yet.:mad:

Regards Bernard

hi Bernard

Try Tuskers:) :) :)

regards
Lrac

Josip
28-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi, Bernard :)

see this:

http://www.beta-tools.com/prodotti/scarpe.asp

I am using them and feel ok.

Best regards, Josip :)

LRAC
28-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi, Bernard :)

see this:

http://www.beta-tools.com/prodotti/scarpe.asp

I am using them and feel ok.

Blimey Bernard you'd look pukka in them if you can stand weewee take. You could do a few laps round the track during your dinner break.

Kind regards
Lrac

bernard
28-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Blimey Bernard you'd look pukka in them if you can stand weewee take. You could do a few laps round the track during your dinner break.

Kind regards
Lrac

They look alright to me,I,ve always been a fashion setter not follower but some how these steel toe cap stilletoes have not caught on:D :D

Regards Bernard

LRAC
28-01-2007, 08:39 PM
They look alright to me,I,ve always been a fashion setter not follower but some how these steel toe cap stilletoes have not caught on:D :D

Regards Bernard

People do say i'm old before my time, if they did steel toe capped slippers i'd buy them.

Regards
Lrac

Josip
28-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi, LRAC :)

People do say i'm old before my time, if they did steel toe capped slippers i'd buy them.

Regards
Lrac

To kick grandma a.. or some young RE a.. :D

djbe
28-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't know what the best boots are.

From experience I started with:
Caterpillar, the top half was great but the soles used to split in half and leak water in.

Then

Dewalt, the top half was great but the soles were so soft that they wear out real quick.

Now onto ****ies the soles are great, the top is great but the laces only last 5 mins. + you can't get your overalls on or off over the top of them.

I had some lightweight walking boot stylee in between from Arco, can't remember the brand but they rubbed my heel bone, gave me a limp, then an infection, then a night in hospital with injections of penicillin, then a week off work!!!!!!!!!

Maybe i just want too much, a comfortable boot, good laces and comfortable. Oh and lasts for ever!

And for ****ies read D.i.c.kies (not my fault this sight can't know that you can buy work clothing named after your manhood)

US Iceman
28-01-2007, 11:51 PM
For my two cents I liked these when I was doing a lot of servce work.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=1584

They are very comfortable, wear well, and don't hurt your feet after along day of ladders and walking.

I still have a pair. My first ones lasted about 8 years and one re-tread.

Keep the leather oiled and supple and they fit like a glove.

Electrocoolman
29-01-2007, 02:04 AM
I've also had good experience with 'redwings'.
Used to work in oil industry and they were common amongst a lot of us. They lasted and were comfortable.

Paulajayne
29-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi

I bought a pair of "GRAFTERS" at a local market (Snetterton) over a year ago - £20 - Trainer style - very comfy good for driving in and wearing well.

http://www.hewats.com/prod.php?sec=2&pid=72

monkey spanners
29-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I got some "COFRA" boots with kevlar toes and soles so they are light and if i shoot myself in the foot it will likely as not just bounce off:D

old gas bottle
29-01-2007, 09:32 PM
i bought a nice pair while on holiday in wales,cant remember the name but sent one back to change it for a left, is it common in wales to wear two rights ? i found it made me walk a bit funny. my missus still brings it up whenever i buy shoes years later.

giovanni
30-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Had a pair of Redwings and Wolverine and found both to be excellent in wear and comfort. Worked outdoors in terrible conditions and feet were dry and warm. When getting fit wear the socks you normally wear for work.