PDA

View Full Version : Some help needed with a Mabe no frost

superalonso75
27-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Good day to everybody,
I need some help with a Mabe No frost refrigerator fail, The fan attached to freezer compartment is running very often during very long time periods, also
the fan itself is very noisy, Usually the fan used to be pretty quiet and only was running by short time periods not very frequently (like now), Besides these
symptoms, everything looks normal (freezing and keeping temperature), I just tried removing everything from freezer compartment (to discard any air obstruction) but this did'nt solve the problem.
I hope somebody can give me some tips to check
or replace some device. Thanks in advance

Regards

Peter_1
28-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Jus a test trying to re-open this thread.
Seems I can post

setrad7791
30-01-2007, 12:05 PM
hi there! if the fan is noisy the only possible cause would be the bearings, i suggest u replace the bearings or motor! this would solve the noise issue. As for the long running periods you may find that the fan cycles with the thermostat, if it is taking longer to reach the set temp then i would assume the condensor may be dirty ( in the case of a coil/finned condensor) or the compressor may have become ineffiecent due to wear. ie not achieving a lower suction pressure. But obviously check the gas charge first.... but on a domestic freezer this could be a bit difficult to achieve as their will be no gauge ports's for this. try dis-connecting the fan and running to ensure adequate frosting to compressor.