PDA

View Full Version : reefers

SIRROM
27-01-2007, 11:12 AM
hi im currently fitting aircon but intending to move to sunny africa,im interested to do a course so that i can work on reefers...anyone know of a course that would suit this area of operation...

The Wanderer
27-01-2007, 09:25 PM
There's not one course you can take to do the job. Its a totaly difforent industry, been working on transport/reefers for 12 years and it moves and changes so fast its not just a job you can just start

Latte
27-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi All,

Difficult over here, although the dealers/distributors run courses they stick to their own make (TK/Carrier). There isnt to my knowledge anyone (Certainly in the uk anyway) who run a course covering all makes. There used to be a very good company in Rugby running them but unfortunatly they closed down.
As "The Wanderer" says, the industry has changed so much that courses are soon out of date, although the units Sl Series/Vectors remain the same the software and controllers change quite a lot.
Unless you are working on the new units there isnt anything major that an engineer cant pick up. Fault code lists are probably a good idea, but the best way is to try and hook up with a reefer engineer and learn from them. refrigeration is refrigeration whatever way, shape or form it comes. Compressor - condenser - expansion device - evap. Theres youre system

Good luck trying to get training, speak to youre local TK agent if you have one they may be able to help.

Regards

Fatboy

Geoff Wooler
17-02-2007, 08:44 AM
There is one course that I know of in cambridge,"CRT"I know one of the instructors, a course designed I think for ships electricans, I can find out tele no's if you are interested. Or you could come and work with me for a couple of weeks at my workshop in gravesend

Geoff Wooler

nadeem
18-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I have 10 years experiece of Reefers.
Looking for job in UK.

I any one know about the vacancy, Please let know.
Thanks