PDA

View Full Version : Safe handling certificate

bldref
24-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Hello all I have got to get the cert am waiting for the date and been fixing all types of gear for thirty odd years, can any one tell me what they will be asking or a copy of proceedures? or web site to swat up on?
help appriciated
Barrie..

The Wanderer
24-01-2007, 07:27 PM
There's quite a lot pal. A great deal of it is common sense/health and sefty ect.

Asks about storage, transport and correct usage of cylinders, equiptmant, procedures on installing gagues, connecting to recovery pumps.

Then there's the section on waste gas/oils, who should be desposing of them, storing and moving waste.

You need to know the procedures on testing the superheat and sub cooling arround the system and where they occour.

COSHH is another thing to swat up on.

The pass mark is 100% thats a real kick in the pants

I was fretting but the relief when its over was great

Wish I could give you more but most of the exam's gone out of my head, hope that can be a help!

Quality
24-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Contact a training center and you can purchase a copy of the course study notes before you attend a course :)

The Wanderer
24-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Hydrocarbons handling and saftey, refrigerant mixtures (zoetropics) and how/why they break down, how to prevent it!
its coming back in bits

LRAC
24-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi bldref

Send a private message to pendlesteve on the forum, he does all the training for RPW.

He will have course notes that i'm sure he would forward to you just mention AB in Leicester.

Regards
LRAC

Pooh
24-01-2007, 10:07 PM
If you send a PM to me with your email address I can send you the notes we use for the City & Guilds 2078 training.

Ian

bldref
25-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Thank you all for your help I have mailed Pooh as instructed and I hope all will be OK

Thank's Barrie..

tait71
16-04-2007, 08:41 PM
hi, i have done the city and guilds 2078 approx 3 years ago my boss has put me in for a refresher course later on this year, is this nessary because i was under the impression that a city and guilds was for life? the other thing is if i leave before the year is up im expected to pay an amout of the course fee, im not to happy about this whats your views? im i being held to rensom

bldref
17-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Hello
The 2078 as far as I am aware is for life or untill more reg's come in, that's what the examiner told me in March when I passed mine, so have a word with your boss.

Barrie

malcoa
18-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I have just completed a citb version and i am led to believe that a 3 year refresher is required to inform us of updated legislation and the like.
Just took this from another site
Delegates who successfully pass this assessment may voluntarily have their names entered onto the ACRIB Register Of Certificated Refrigerant Handlers. To remain on the register, candidates must be reassessed every 3 years