PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Chrysler Airtemp Info

RickSter
22-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I have been given the job of finding out the capacity of an old unit. It is an Airtemp unit marketed by Dunn Airconditioning in Australia some 20 or so years ago.
The company has gone now and no one has information on this units Kw capacity. It is a model number 3715.01
Serial 141.4D0002
The compressor motor had a electrical wattage of 21500 watts but that is not the compressor Kilowatt capacity. :mad: One of the other techs installed a Bristol replacement at the request of the service manager but I believe that the replacement is not big enough :eek:

Any leads :confused:

Thanks in Advance
Rick

bubble
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
The cooling capacity would be around 2.5 times the input wattage i.e. 21.5kw x 2.5= 53.75kw (or 15TR)
Hope that's of some help.

jasbro
16-02-2007, 11:12 PM
If it is a Airtemp unit you may be in luck. Dunn air used to distribute Airtemp units. They were manufactured (OEM) by Emailair in Melbourne. Airwell purchased the Brand Airwell in 1997 and does have information on Airtemp (Emailair) manufactured products. Ring 03 8544 3505 and speak to Greg Bugno. If it is a Chrysler Airtemp - you got buckleys.

RickSter
21-02-2007, 11:31 AM
53 kw is pretty close. We found it to be around 51 Kw and put in a Copeland Scroll that works perfectly.

Thanks All :D

MadMax
19-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Probably the last decent units that Dunn Air ever sold!

Apparently they are still scrapping around. I think they have a distributor in QLD... Air Works or something..?

Don't know about everyone else, but seems like all those Air Temps and stuff are starting to fall over.. done a lot of replacements lately.

stevecar
24-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Probably the last decent units that Dunn Air ever sold!

Apparently they are still scrapping around. I think they have a distributor in QLD... Air Works or something..?

Don't know about everyone else, but seems like all those Air Temps and stuff are starting to fall over.. done a lot of replacements lately.
hi,have a large air temp by chrysler 2x240 compressor reverse cycle with wiring problem( and no wiring diagram) any idea where to go?