PDA

View Full Version : Need Recommendation on Air Con

Rtic
20-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi all. I have a room 25m long x 7m Wide x 7m high. It needs to be wall mounted split A/C. What size Unit do you reckon I need and where do you recommend I go and buy such a unit.

Thanks for any help

:cool:
RTIC

LRAC
20-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Rtic

Its a little bit more complicated than that, you need to find out all the heat loads in that area.

You will need the following:

How many occupants
How many computers
how many windows size and if double glazed
Building struture material
Lighting loads
1st or 2nd floor etc
Length of pipe runs.

Once you have these phone a reputable air conditioning supplier to caculate the duty required and the equipment recomendations or open an account with HRP and get a free calculation CD.

Kind regards
Lrac

P.S i doubt a single high wall unit will do the above because of an even air distribution?

sinewave
20-01-2007, 06:54 PM
You won't find a wall mounted single split to 'condition' a room that big! :eek:

What's the 'Warehouse' going to be used for? :rolleyes:

Brian_UK
20-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I think that you should be looking at an AHU of some sort to spread the air around.

Actinide
21-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Whoa dude, rough calculations with no heat loading just the room itself your looking at 61+ KW!!

Is it worth it?

Rtic
21-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the help all. First of all I like to say the first post as written by my son for me, and despite what I told him to put....he put something completely different! I know roughly what I need - I was thinking of putting 4 wall mounted 24,000 BTU split, which I know will do the job, but I am sure you will argue! Anyway the general purpose of this was to find out a good price for a unit this size - you see before discovering this website I would be buying 1 complete unit for £1,600, and my son had the decent Idea of asking on this website to see if there was a better place buy a complete unit. So the £1,000,000 question is - where is the best place to buy a complete unit of this size.

TSK
21-01-2007, 12:31 PM
You say you know that 4 x 24,000 btu units will do the job, how have you come by this calculation?

At 7m high you are never going to be able to use heat pump units to heat this space, so assuming you are only interested in cooling then there is the problem of distributing the cool air evenly, four under-ceiling types spead down the long side blowing across would do, these are the only types that would give you the throw of air to reach the other side.
I am guessing it is a function room / night club.

Rtic
21-01-2007, 05:48 PM
We are not going to use the Units for heating - just for cooling - So there is not a problem there.

The MG Pony
21-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I have found a finite affection for flexiduct, cheap works great for things that needn't a ton of insulation. and quick to shove a register on!

seanito
01-02-2007, 04:28 AM
THe best contact in London for AC equipment generally is