PDA

View Full Version : Arneg 2500 alva duty

Andy W
17-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Does any one have the duty or a link to a web site with the duty for the Arneg 2500 alva maxi cabinet. I have been asked to quote to install 2 x 2500 cabinets and a cold room with a Kobol CR18 E evaporator all working from 1 x TAG4546ZHR condensing unit, this has been specified by a consultant, sounds a bit silly to me so I need the duty before I go any further.

Thanks.

Andy.

Brian_UK
17-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Is this any help Andy ?
http://www.jordon.co.uk/products/refrigeration/alvamaxi.php

Andy W
17-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks Brian, I had already found that, unfortunately it does not give me duty or evap temperature.

I think the spec is wrong that the consultant has given me which is to run a cold room and a 5 m run of Arneg off 1 x 4 hp condensing unit, the evap for the cold room I have worked out to be 1.7 kw at -5oC evap, what happens if the Arneg is satisfied on temperature and we are using over 7kw of duty to run a 1.7 kw evap? Recipe for disaster, hopefully some one on the forum uses Arneg and will have a data sheet on the van etc. I would love to know the design evap temp and duty of the Arneg, I think some one has got the head in the clouds a bit.:eek:

a1onetimeagain
17-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Right i'll try, i'm an ac man but i have been known to dable with the odd multideck.

A 2.5 alva has an area of 4.54 m2 and if evap is -6degC the duty is 2.85kw.

Pm me if you like i'll fax what info i have.

regards

frank
17-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Post your question here, I'm sure you will get a favourable response http://www.arneg.it/richiesta-info_eng.htm

Andy W
17-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys, a1onetimeagain has saved the day. What do you guys think about putting 3 pieces of kit on one unit, I can forsee problems myself, would love to hear your views.

LRAC
18-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi Andy W

I would prefer the coldroom to be on its own condensing unit, but consultants only have cost to mind when doing projects. You will have to pay great detail to pipework design and stop any oil problems, oil sep and capacity control etc.

If the arnegs pack up that are connected to the coldroom where is the customer going to put his stock before it spoils.

If you do the job make sure its close to your base because your going to get problems.

Kind regards
Lrac

Andy W
18-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi LRAC,

I can see oil problems myself and I can also see how critical the pipe layout is particularly the feeding of the liquid line so not to create liquid starvation, I also thought about cap control for light load situations i.e just the cold room running. It is not a local job there is some distance involved and I was already going to recommend putting the coldroom on its own condensing unit anyway for the sake of a few hundred quid extra.

Thanks for the input.

Electrocoolman
25-01-2007, 11:32 PM
You could try the tech guys at LANGAR....they import a lot of Arneg so would have the duty to hand. Dont forget to increase the duty required so that the condensing unit only runs for 75% of time (ie 18 / 24 hrs)
The other problem to consider is power supply....have you got single or 3 phase available.?
Some Arneg multidecks have two separate evaporater circuits so can be connected to separate condensing units.....this can give built in safety / redundancy in case of breakdown....important for small shop which has limited refrigeration display.

Agree coldroom should be on separate condensing unit for same argument.

Adrian

Andy W
26-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have put my suggestions forward for the job and unless it is done the way that I want to do it I would refuse it, no question about it.