PDA

View Full Version : old frick system monitor

rasgrant
17-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Hello to all. I would like to thank you all for posting such valuable information on the numerous topics dealing with the refrigeration industry. I have learned a great deal just by reading about other peoples problems but now I would like to pick your minds on a problem that we have at the ice cream plant in which I work.
In july of 2006 our old IBM 286(or earlier) pc, which was used in conjunction with a frick system monitor, died. The decision was made to replace with a modern plc. Our old frick system controlled defrost for 4 cold room units, and cycled 4 evaporative condensers. It had level inputs for 2 pump packages and an I/c. you could also read the display of the rwb screens. It is now january and we are running the condenser fans off of pressure switches which is fine but the cold room units are being defosted manually. luckey for us that there are manual toggle switches to operate the solenoids. all in all this hasn't been too bad besides sometimes having a unit on defrost for 24hrs. I'm thinking that to control evaperators, condensers and have inputs for the levels of the vessels, a standardized sofware program with a plc would do the job and probably installed in house. Do you think this is likely and if so where could I get the software and hardware?

nh3wizard
17-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Ill try and find a contact that I had that used to work for Frick, he is out on his own now and might be of assistance, I know he is in the Philadephia area, send me a PM if your interested in the contact info. Would you happen to be using OPTO 22 for your contriols?

rasgrant
17-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I am interested in any and all information available. We don't have opto 22 in the refrigeration system i don't know about the rest of the plant. I just learned about them this mourning as I was trying to find information on our problem. A contractor in CA said they preferred using them but used AB as well

nh3wizard
17-01-2007, 06:58 PM
As soon as I find the gentlemans name Ill send it to you.

Where are you located?

rasgrant
17-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I am in dunkirk ny which is 40 miles west of buffalo right off of I90

thankyou

US Iceman
17-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Here are some people to contact that do a good job with control systems and the control logic.

http://www.advancedenergycontrol.com/index.cfm

http://www.techni-systems.com/