PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Equipment Directive

Andy
19-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi, what are you all doing regarding the Pressure Equipment Directive, which becomes mandatory in europe from the first of June.
Also did anyone know that this started from 1999 and that by now we all should be up to speed and ready for phase in.
Any system with an internal volume above 50 Litres is the cut in point I think for PED, what have you heard?
Regards. Andy.

Alex_DK
20-04-2002, 10:17 PM
The 50 liter depends on the working fluid group and the maximum working pressure (opening of safety valves). We have been working with this directive for quite some time now. Mind you that when you affix a CE mark on your unit, you say that your system is in accordance with all relevant directives. I gues from your note that you know them all allready.

Alex

frank
21-04-2002, 07:50 PM
I think you will find that the directive applies to any system or container that contains a pressure of 0.5bar

Andy
21-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi, Frank, yes I had heard 0.5Bar up, this ofcourse includes hermedic compressors, so any system internal volume 50Litres with a pressure above 0.5 Bar. Really anything from a butchers coldroom up.
Regards. Andy.

Alex_DK
21-04-2002, 09:12 PM
One has to bear in mind that the PED also covers brine systems (because they are above the 0.5 bar limit), allthough the pipes have to be very large before you get in to kat. 1 or 2. The documentation is the same. Many installer forget this fact when they install chillers.
When reading the PED one realise that the ISO 9000 systems are quite similar. I gues some good things can come out of the implementation once you get through it.

Good luck