PDA

View Full Version : compressor stubbs?

marc5180
15-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Just a quick question.What are the stubbs that are braized up on the side of most scroll, hermetic etc compressors for ?. Are they for charging with oil when the condensors are made in the factory? i ask this because today iv seen 2 stubbs on the side of a compressor?

chillin out
15-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I think they ar for adding oil in the factory and pressure testing/ vaccing and adding a stadning charge of OFN.

Chillin:) :)

monkey spanners
16-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe for oil return if you have a seperator. Ive also seen LP switches piped from them too.
A friend of mine got called to a butchers cold room and found the system completely out of gas. The leak was traced to the small stub on the compressor. It appears that the compressor had been replaced at some point in the past and the rubber bung left in the stub:eek:

Cheers Jon

superswill
17-01-2007, 10:22 PM
and i thought they were to blow the gas on a friday afternoon,had a load of leaks on them,not that iam bitter

NH3LVR
17-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I was at the Wholesaler 25 years ago and asked what the "process tube adapters" he had for sale were. He told me that they were to connect to the stubs (Process tubes) on the hermetic compressors. So I would guess they are "Process Tubes":)

See page three of this Link.

http://www.robinair.com/products/general.pdf
Why do I remember that?:confused:

US Iceman
18-01-2007, 02:15 AM
NH3LVR,

Now that brings back some memories too. Those are not much different than the field service valve adapters for the old Chrysler compressors that hung from a single bolt.

Ahhh, the good old days. I'm glad their gone.:D