PDA

View Full Version : GOOD OR BAD ENGINEER

JOHN BONNER
07-03-2001, 09:50 PM
I HAVE COME TO BE A FRIDGE ENGINEER THROUGH A DIFFERENT
ROUTE FROM NORMAL .
I SERVED MY TIME IN A DIFFERENT FIELD AND THEN TRAINED IN
THE ART OF REFRIGERATION IN ANOTHER FIELD .
WHEN TALKING TO ENGINEERS AND APPRENTICES WHO SERVED THEIR TIME IN THIS FIELD I THINK THAT BOTH THEIR EMPLOYERS AND COLLLEGES HAVE LET THEM DOWN IN BOTH TRAINING AND ON SITE
EXPERIENCES.

WHAT IS THE NORMAL COLLEGE ATTENDANCE DURING YOUR TIME,DAY RELEASE FOR TWO YEARS AND THEN IF YOUR LUCKY 9 WEEKS DURING THIRD YEAR WHATS SEEMS TO BE A WASTE OF TIME ACCORDING TO SOME APPRENTICES.
SURELEY APPRENTICES SHOULD SPEND ALOT MORE TIME AT COLLEGE AND ON SITE TRAINING NOT JOUST PICKING UP EMPTY BOTTLES FROM SITE'S AND TIDYING UP PLANTROOM'S AFTER ALL A SERVICE ENGINEER NEEDS SKILLS IN ELECTICS,ELECTRONICS,COMPUTERS,BRAZING,AND HOW TO FILLIN THE OVERTIME SHEETS .
THEN THIS WOULD REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CRAP ENGINEERS

starman
17-03-2001, 02:27 PM
I think what makes a good engineer is ......

Having pride in YOUR name.
Making sure YOU do a good and professional job, no matter what happens at work.
Look, if you are unhappy at a company, leave it. I never understand engineers who constantly moan about the company they are working for. That tells me they are unsecure about their engineering abilities and feel they would not get a job anywhere else.

I am constantly listening to engineers whine about how little money they are paid or how long the hours are.

If you are in the service industry you are going to work unsocial hours and that will never change.

Sorry to go on like this but some engineers need to get their heads out of the sandpit and realise that if they are getting crap money and are still in the same job, then they are more that likly, crap engineers.

The only people that are going to help you ..... is you.

Improve yourselfs

C J
19-03-2001, 05:08 PM
To work at a skill or trade shows sign of some level of intellegence. To transfere the knowledge to another shows signs of an educated person.
I after being in the military , went to college . I have a degree in Aviation. I flew for the airlines until 1989. Then went to school for Ammonia compressors and panels .
I have taken the offer as Ammonia Refrigeration Manager and been here since. During this time I have enhanced the systems I am in charge of with new technoligy. I have letters of merrit for reducing the load factor of each facility up to 62 %, saving $$$$$$$$. The temperatures have never been colder for less $$$$.
I have had many (Engineer) say , " IT can not be Done!", until they come see it for themselves......
Do not let any one change your life or mind ,without showing the ability to transfere knowledge .Especilaly self-proclaimed Engineers.

Later C J