PDA

View Full Version : going alone ahh!

mr fridge man
14-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Hi guys. Its my first post & i wonder if you can help?
Not really sure if this is the kind of question that will get good answers, but as the saying goes "if you don't ask........."
Been a commercial fridge man now for a good 10 odd years and fed up with the firms i've been workin for and i'm looking at starting out on my own :eek: .
However, my predicament is getting regular paying customers which will keep my missus, the kids, pet dog, goldfish and not forgetting the wife:D all in the manner they've grown accustomed to.
If there are any sole traders or small business' out there who can help I would greatfully appreciate your tips. Cheers!

Abe
14-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi guys. Its my first post & i wonder if you can help?
Not really sure if this is the kind of question that will get good answers, but as the saying goes "if you don't ask........."

Been a commercial fridge man now for a good 10 odd years and fed up with the firms i've been workin for and i'm looking at starting out on my own :eek: .

However, my predicament is getting regular paying customers which will keep my missus, the kids, pet dog, goldfish and not forgetting the wife:D all in the manner they've grown accustomed to.

If there are any sole traders or small business' out there who can help I would greatfully appreciate your tips. Cheers!

Fridge Man

Yes this is a predicament and theres no solution.

As in all things in business you write out your own salary cheque. You get out what you put in.

There are no safety nets

Carry out your market research, determine the demand and value of your services, ascertain what you can get out of it having made allowance for costs.

This should tell you whether you take the plunge or not

Good luck