PDA

View Full Version : head hunting

cruzeiros
12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
hallo. i was wondering how far this will go in your country in the refrigeration business ?!!?

does the good people are hunted with no shame by competitors or there is a no cross limit ? or for these guys it's easy to change their company for an extra cash ? the work may be the same... but the people you work with ?

what will make you go from where you are ?

Thanks.

Latte
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
The Refrigeration Engineer community is quite a close knit one, by that i mean most engineers know each other from other companies. This means you know how good people are and know which ones to poach as quite a few engineers have worked for lots of companies.

Company loyalty probably isnt as strong as it was 20 years ago, you dont find many out there who have worked for the same company all their life unless they go into management:eek:

I think it makes for a better enginneer the ones that have worked in different places. They bring with them experence from other companies and equipment they they would not have experienced before. For instance i would class myself as more refrigeration than a/c, but i did take a year out to work for a company that does all a/c and have gained a lot from that.

Money used to be the motivator, but as most companies pay them same now i have noticed recently that more people look for job satisfaction or a good company as much as they do hourly rate now.

Hope this helps

Fatboy

LRAC
13-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I have to admit i had 7 jobs in 1 year from being poached, but its true what they say the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

I have found my perfect job now and have been with the present company 11 years, its not all about the money. You spend a lot of your life at work and if you don't enjoy who you do it for your doomed.

Kind regards
Lrac

Quality
14-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Agreed - Being happy in your job is worth £10 - 20000 even more