PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV2 system registering units?

AlexGr
11-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Hello friends. Could anybody help me? Nowhere can find haw to break-in VRV2 - system, haw it register units.
Thank's beforehand.

mat
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
u should check what wire you use as ive had problems my self because daikin recomend useing 2 core screen

puddleboy3
11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Since Daikin launched the K series VRV they have been recommending that you use 2 core non screened cable. In most cases outdoor units not seeing indoors is due to lack of power at indoors/bs boxes, miss wiring ie wrong connections or star points.

Vee-Are-Vee
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
First, as has been said, check the wiring from start to finish, all units should be in series, no star points or rings in the wiring.

Make sure there are no large current carrying cables running alongside the comms cables.

Check that each unit has power to it, also check the BS boxes if it's a 3 pipe system.

Double check all connections in the BS boxes themselves, there are specific OUTDOOR/BS terminals and INDOOR terminals, if these are wrong you will have major problems.

You also need to do the initial test run on the unit presuming it's a new install or it will refuse to run IIRC it will show a U3 error.

Post some more info if possible, system description and any fault codes showing.

Obi Wan
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello AlexGr,

You have some good advice already. Normally if I have a problem with the transmission on the VRV II system, I go back to basics,
1, Check if the outdoor PCB is OK.
2, Check if the 1st BS box and indoor PCB is OK.
3, Bell out the cable between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit.
4, Connect the cable at the outdoor unit to "F1 F2 Indoor terminals"
5, Connect the cable at the BS Box to "F1 F2 outdoor terminals" (one comming from the outdoor unit) Disconnect all other feild cables.
6, Connect the "F1 F2 Indoor" terminals on the BS box to the cable going to the indoor unit piped to the BS box.
7, Now reset the power supply to all indoor and outdoor unit. At the outdoor unit wait for 30 seconds then push the "reset button" once, LED H2P should be now be on (not flashing)
8, now press and hold the "reset button" for 5 seconds and wait for 15 mins.
9, If the PCBs and cables are OK the system should initlise with one BS Box ad one indoor unit. You can check this in the monitor mode item 5.
10, repeat steps 7 to 9 but each time adding one or two indoor unit. This way you will find the indoor unit or BS box causing the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

regards

Obi Wan

inverter
11-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Don't use screened cable on a vrv2! 2 core 1-1.mm only.

AlexGr
12-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Thank's a lot to evrybody! Problem was in top secret menu at ITC DCS601C51. It's named "Service menu".
At Setup screen need tap left up edge of screen, then -
right bottom, then right up, then left bottom - so appear
password entering screen. Then need enter password:
daikin, after this in list appear Service menu.

Vee-Are-Vee
12-01-2007, 06:03 PM
So the original question was how to register indoor units on the touch controller?

The menu is the installation menu where you tap the 4 corners of the screen in a certain order ;) to access the secret menu.

In there you have control point registration where you add/delete units as required.

I think we all went off on a tangent as we all thought the issue was with comms wiring. :D

laf100
13-01-2007, 01:34 AM
With Version C touch controllers you have to enter a code to initialize the controller, you can only get this by calling Daikin with the units MAC address, touchning the four corners (top R, bot L, top L, bot R) only gets you into the service login, and is no good for first start up.

Vee-Are-Vee
14-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I think he got past that bit, the controller does diddly squat without that all important phone call :p

Even more fun if you have the optional browser access.

puddleboy3
14-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Activate your own controller @ http://global.daikin.com/activation/login.php follow the instructions hey presto job done. No more waiting in the que on the Daikin helpline.:)

Obi Wan
15-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Activate your own controller @ http://global.daikin.com/activation/login.php follow the instructions hey presto job done. No more waiting in the que on the Daikin helpline.:)

Better still buy your iTouch controllers from Space. They will activate it for you before you get it and mount it on a control panel. Then a nice man form Space (almost like divine intervention) will come to site and commission it for you and show you and the customer how to use it and give you all the O&Ms for it. It makes us all look good. Well done Space Air.:)

puddleboy3
15-01-2007, 04:40 PM
People will be starting to thinking you are on commission from space LOL

Obi Wan
15-01-2007, 08:44 PM
The only commission I’m likely to get is from queen and country and a chance would be a fine thing at that. No, just giving credit where it’s due.:rolleyes:

puddleboy3
15-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Personally ive never had any dealings with space as I dont think they do much in Scotland. But I must admit ive never heard anybody say a bad thing about them.

AlexGr
16-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Hello Friends. Our supplier told me activation code, but forgot tell about service menu, so when we start-up system at ITC can't find noone unit. And only second call to supplier resolve the problem.:D It was our first instalation VRV system.:o

Brian_UK
16-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Alex, glad to hear that you have the problem resolved.

Latte
16-01-2007, 11:49 PM
As we have moved onto Space, i would like to say how much i like the fact that they put gauges onto their units so you dont have to carry gauges up onto the roof of a building to quickly check the charge. I know gauges dont weigh but any equipment you dont have to carry up 5 flights of stairs is a bonus

Regards

Fatboy

inverter
18-01-2007, 12:45 AM
They always leak

inverter
18-01-2007, 01:16 AM
You can't check a vrv's charge with gauges? VRV = variable refrigerant volume. Gauges mean jack they only tell you if there's fridge in the system. The gauges will read the same with 15 kg in the system or 500g standing! temp pressure relation. The vrv is controlled by snpl &snph pressure transducers.Don't check the gauges check the delta t?

Obi Wan
18-01-2007, 02:16 AM
You can't check a vrv's charge with gauges? VRV = variable refrigerant volume. Gauges mean jack they only tell you if there's fridge in the system. The gauges will read the same with 15 kg in the system or 500g standing! temp pressure relation. The vrv is controlled by snpl &snph pressure transducers.Don't check the gauges check the delta t?

I wondered if you have ever worked on a VRV system before. What do you think the pressure transducer is for if not to measure the refrigerant pressure same as the pressure gauges. HP & LP is important on any A/C system VRV or otherwise.
i.e. say a VRV II system displays 200 psi HP and 50 psi LP in cooling and the inverter is at 52Hz direct-on-line compressors are off. For sure the system is short of gas.
Or lets say the system is tripping on HP, without connecting gauges you don’t know at what pressure the system is tripping out at. Is it a faulty HP switch or is the system actually tripping out on HP. Fitted gauges do make life far more easier, saves on refrigerant loss each time you take hoses off. Ideal for busy engineers short on time.
Like the iTouch controllers, Space do try to understand the problems the engineers are going to face out in the field and try to help. An unactivated iTC on a building site is as good as a fart in a space suit. No one has internet access on a building site to get the codes, the other way is a long call to the supplier. One thing is for sure you pay for the service you get.

puddleboy3
18-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I wondered if you have ever worked on a VRV system before. What do you think the pressure transducer is for if not to measure the refrigerant pressure same as the pressure gauges. HP & LP is important on any A/C system VRV or otherwise.
i.e. say a VRV II system displays 200 psi HP and 50 psi LP in cooling and the inverter is at 52Hz direct-on-line compressors are off. For sure the system is short of gas.
Or lets say the system is tripping on HP, without connecting gauges you don’t know at what pressure the system is tripping out at. Is it a faulty HP switch or is the system actually tripping out on HP. Fitted gauges do make life far more easier, saves on refrigerant loss each time you take hoses off. Ideal for busy engineers short on time.
Like the iTouch controllers, Space do try to understand the problems the engineers are going to face out in the field and try to help. An unactivated iTC on a building site is as good as a fart in a space suit. No one has internet access on a building site to get the codes, the other way is a long call to the supplier. One thing is for sure you pay for the service you get.

Couldnt agree more Obi Wan, Engineers that are not aware of what the system is doing put there gauges on and the pressures look not to bad due to the fact that hot gas bypass valve or liquid injection is open to protect the compressor:)

frank
18-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Gauges are just another service tool no matter what system they are fitted to - be it split, chiller or VRV etc.

It is down to the tech looking at the system in question to interpret the readings.

If it is a split with a suction of 55psig in summer or 20psig on a vrv, you must know the system you are working on to make the right decisions as to what the readings mean.

With inverter driven compressors on AC systems on low load it is just as difficult to interpret the readings as it is on a supermarket pack - this is where experience comes into play.

inverter
18-01-2007, 11:41 PM
an engineer that doesn't now what the fault codes mean and doesn't have the information isn't worth there salt.Tim saw the light OB one B****K. if you had a ITC on site that didn't work wouldn't your customer be a bit dismayed?

Vee-Are-Vee
19-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Personally, I try to avoid sticking gauges on a system unless I really have to. If it's a service call where a client is complaining of crap perfomance then maybe but not on every service just for the hell of it.

Gauges on a system are a mixed bag, they can be useful in SOME situations but they can also be just another place for a leak to start. I've lost count how many times i've had to replace leaking gauges on chillers and VRV units for that matter.

Experience can tell you a great deal about what a system is doing instead of letting some gas out into the atmosphere via a set of gauges.

And for what it's worth, analogue gauges on a VRV can be very misleading to the untrained eye and can lead to an incorrect diagnosis of an undercharged/overcharged system.

Obi-wan: don't take this the wrong way but do you actually work for Space???

Obi Wan
19-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Obi-wan: don't take this the wrong way but do you actually work for Space???

No, but a very good friend of mine does.

Obi Wan
19-01-2007, 02:06 AM
an engineer that doesn't now what the fault codes mean and doesn't have the information isn't worth there salt.Tim saw the light OB one B****K. if you had a ITC on site that didn't work wouldn't your customer be a bit dismayed?

Confused, who is Tim?
If you are going to get personal about people not on this forum, then I am not interested.

hfateel
26-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello every one

I’m new to the forum and looking forward to have some advices regarding the VRV2
We are planning to build a twin towers with 44 floors. We are trying to have VRV2 system in those buildings.
We did contact Dikin people and they came and did the presentation to us, but I’m not satisfied with that presentation. I need some information more technical about the system.
Like if that building will be fine with the system or not, because the system is still new in the world and I’m not sure if it will be ok for the long term.
Also if there are such a huge projects that has the system and working properly please let me know about that.

Many thanks to every one.

Wish you all the best,

Hussain