PDA

View Full Version : hi all...

tomlad
10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
...Im am new to the site and fairly new to the trade. I have been working for a company in the midlands for about 5 months now, speciallising in roof-top air handling and refrigeration systems. I am 18 and an apprentice doing an NVQ lev 2 in airconditioning an refrigeration at college. I am based in a factory where we make the units and my job is to install pipe work and components into the system. I am really struggling with the college course at the moment (never really been any good on the theory side of anything really) and wondered if any of you guys could recommend any books, information sources or anything really that would help me out. i enjoy my job but failing the course would mean losing it (its in my apprenticeship contract) i am trying my best but struggling to let evrything i learn sink in.

thanks in advance.

Andy
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
...Im am new to the site and fairly new to the trade. I have been working for a company in the midlands for about 5 months now, speciallising in roof-top air handling and refrigeration systems. I am 18 and an apprentice doing an NVQ lev 2 in airconditioning an refrigeration at college. I am based in a factory where we make the units and my job is to install pipe work and components into the system. I am really struggling with the college course at the moment (never really been any good on the theory side of anything really) and wondered if any of you guys could recommend any books, information sources or anything really that would help me out. i enjoy my job but failing the course would mean losing it (its in my apprenticeship contract) i am trying my best but struggling to let evrything i learn sink in.

thanks in advance.
Dossats principles of refrigeration, the only book you will ever need:D ;)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Brian_UK
11-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Tomlad and welcome to the forum.

As Andy said Dossats is THE book but if you are looking for little tips and 'how does it work' type info then try somewhere like the Sporlan site.
http://www.sporlan.com and look under literature.

Try the other manufacturers sites as well.

Does your firm let you near the finished/working product so that you get a 'feel' for how the things work?