PDA

View Full Version : Comparing cold rooms

markadams
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I am going to buy a cold room for storing\hanging meat, I have approached two companies who of course both tell me there product is best, can you give an indepentant opinion.

Room 1.

The size is 2.7m x 2.7m x 2m internal
Uses a veissmann cs2000se chiller
the insulation panels are GRP outer with a styrofoam insulation.

Room 2.

The size of the room is 2.8m x 2.8m x 1.8m internal
it uses a monoblock zanotti chiller, look like a uniblock GM unit.
The insulation panels are made on Galv steel with a food safe coating and a PU insulation.

The room needs to reach 1 - 4oC in a quick take and maintain that temperature.

Thank you

Mark.

chillin out
15-01-2007, 11:00 PM
The second room using a Zanotti is a tidy piece of kit and reliable as well.

Where abouts in Wales are you?
What were the 2 companies?
I know a couple of good companies down there.

Might be better sending a private message.

Chillin:) :)

fatboydim
16-01-2007, 06:14 PM
i'm no mod, but i'd recommend the zanotti, easier to work on for a start :)...... and pretty reliable, can be quite fussy if the condensors get even slightly blocked.....

LRAC
16-01-2007, 07:04 PM
i'm no mod, but i'd recommend the zanotti, easier to work on for a start :)...... and pretty reliable, can be quite fussy if the condensors get even slightly blocked.....

If you get a Zanotti unit please put in a mcb for the light circuit as we do, otherwise when the bulb blows it takes the control circuit out and you end up with a dead coldroom.

Regards
Lrac

old gas bottle
16-01-2007, 08:01 PM
if its a butchers box be carefull, sounds like your quoting for a cam lock type kit joby,nothing wrong with that if there strong enough, are you fitting meat rails ? if so make sure the cold room is strong enough to take the weight,other way is a internal steel frame,also spec the unit for +2/-2 deg C, just a few pointers that may help.i use stancold,price for that box alone without equipement is about 2.5k, installed.cheers.

markadams
30-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi,

You all seem to have gone for the zanotti unit and not the veissmann cs2000se chiller unit may I ask the reason for this?

Also which insulation material do you prefer? Styrofoam or Polyurethane (PU)?

I have been quoted £5,000 for the above room. I would like a 3x3x2M internal room but the price is a little to high.

I was quite interested in Stancold are they any good and what are the prices like?

Mark.

old gas bottle
30-01-2007, 07:49 PM
the rooms are possibly the best on the market and i have used most over the last 25 years or so, ask for andy croxton 0117 3167000 get a price installed. you need PIR insulation nowdays for the fire rating,no more expensive now,zannotti,s are a good easy unit to fit, i would allways fit a remote unit where possible.

Electrocoolman
30-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I put in a butchery coldroom for a local supermarket some years ago.
Specified stainless panels inside and white galvanised outer panels. Floor was "5bar" plate aluminium for antislip. Walls were camlock so had to design an interior rack for hanging. Used stainless steel 'unistrut' style channel with both floor and ceiling mounted plates screwed in place.
Coldroom was from Porkaa and Zanotti uniblock thru wall unit was used.