PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Australia Part 2!

Darc
07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Gday all!
Firstly-What a great site, heaps of useful info!

About me, I am 28 Years old and am a 2nd year apprentice in the refrigeration / airconditioning industry from Perth in Western Australia. I have worked on a huge variety of equipment so early in my training (everything from Domestic split units to cars, transport refrigeration, chiller systems, package units etc) and am loving everything about our industry.

Look forward to posting more in the near future!:)

US Iceman
07-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Hi Darc,

And welcome to RE. It sounds like you already have a varied background so your posts should be helpful to others too.

Best regards,
US Iceman

Brian_UK
07-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi Darc and welcome to the forum.

Look forward to reading more....

setrad7791
30-01-2007, 01:53 PM
keep it simple and when in doubt use your mind! remember the fundementals it's not as complicated as you think!

Paul@paulrobert
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I have been in the industry for 16 years and each year brings new challenges with the new technology and no other trade will keep you thinking like this one. Enjoy the ride and I hope to be part of the a/c & fridge scene in perth soon too

Paul in Essex

frank
07-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi Paul

If you manage to make it to Perth, there is a pub at the end of the main street that has a micro brewery in the basement. You can see the brewing tanks as you sit there enjoying your pint - can't recall the name at present - but it does good beer and good food.

I'm sure some of the members on here could jog my memory.

paul_h
14-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Paul

If you manage to make it to Perth, there is a pub at the end of the main street that has a micro brewery in the basement. You can see the brewing tanks as you sit there enjoying your pint - can't recall the name at present - but it does good beer and good food.

I'm sure some of the members on here could jog my memory."the main street"? I know perth is a small isolated place, but it has more than one main street :D
Are you thinking about the australian themed pub? Does "nail ale" ring a bell?
Thats the only one I know of with a brewery in the basement these days. Though there is heaps of micro brewery pubs around now, none of them are in the basement.
Anyway, that australian themed one with a brewery underneath is called "Bobby Dazzlers" on the corner of William and Murray Sts.
It's right next to a UK theme pub called "The moon and sixpence"

what ever happened to darc anyway? I wouldn't mind a local guy to talk to, and closer to my age than some of you :D
Just kidding there, I like the experience here ;)

edit: It's hard to get any tradesmen here, most people go to where there's more civilization, or where there is more money, as average wage here is $30p/hr for domestic/commercial stuff.
Where I work, we've tried a guy from spain, a guy from hong kong, and right now a new zealander. It's a pain to get them trained up to australian laws, (as you can read elsewhere). Plus with the wages we pay, we don't exactly get the best in the world, so we more than often don't bother and let them go.
on the plus side, I was earning only $24 p/h a year ago, five people leaving my company convinced them to offer me my current $30 p/h. I didn't even have to ask and would have probably accepted $28. But I'm leaving soon anyway to start my own business.