PDA

View Full Version : Rotor BLocked-Carrier Alarm

sihombing
06-01-2007, 06:27 AM
First of all i'd like to say Happy New Year to all of you, thou it's too late. We have internet connection problems because of Taiwan earthquake.

I have a problem with Carrier 30HXC Series, Screw compressor Air and Water Cooled Liquid Chiller.

Can someone tell me, what's the meaning of ROTOR BLOCKED? Reffering to the manual, this is caused by LOAD TO HIGH.

Thanks

Brian_UK
07-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Sounds like the refrigerant load on the compressor is too high.

Perhaps you need to check the expansion valve operation to ensure that the loading of the machine is correct.

sihombing
09-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Thx, Brian_UK,

i have checked the running current :
only 122 A from Design Running Ampere 263 A-156 A. Why is this so?

The owner said that the compressor oil never been replacing for almost 3 years. Maybe this also gives some effect.

please help

Vee-Are-Vee
11-01-2007, 12:02 AM
When does the fault occur? right after startup, at startup or a while after it has been running?

Is the compressor getting too hot or making any unusual noises?

If the oil is knackered it may be losing some of its lubrication properties and causing interference problems inside the compressor itself.

Get it changed.

1torr
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I have had this a couple of times,check for arcing on contacts of compressor contactors.If they are Siemens 3RT1054,the top comes off for inspection.Sometimes the compressors pull too much current on start if contacts are badly arced.You can obtain new set of contacts without replacing whole contactor.

sihombing
15-01-2007, 04:17 AM
This problem occur a while after it has been running.

Now we are preparing to change the compressor's oil.

:)