PDA

View Full Version : Heat Load Selection for EOT Cabin A/C in Steel Plants

Samarjit Sen
03-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Could any one guide me in assessing the heat load for the drivers cabin of an overhead crane in a Steel Plant where the ambient ranges from 60 to 80 Deg C.
In case some one has a load software for selection, could he provide me with a link to down load the same.

Thank you,

Brian_UK
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi, do you have CoolPak software?

Samarjit Sen
04-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Dear Brian,

Yes I do have the Coolpack. I have been calculating the components from this, but could not locate any selection programe for the heat load assessment for rooms.

In a steel plant, the ambient ranges from 60 to 90 Deg. C. These cranes with the drivers cabins goes right above the smelting pits. The floor, walls and the ceiling are of insulated metal with glass panes.

We had done a couple similar projects and had assessed the load on a chart which was available with Sulzers. I still have the chart and use the same. I was made to understand that now softwares are available for such specific application.

I shall be grateful if you can guide me or advice me as to how to use it with Coolpack.

With best wishes,

Brian_UK
04-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't know whether this will work but here is an image from the CoolPak Air Conditioned Room section.

I've tried some test figures only as I don't know the cab sizes etc but it might help you.

Samarjit Sen
05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your guidance. The Coolpack that I have is of Danfoss, and there is no Air Conditioned Room Section.

In case there are any other CoolPack software could you kindly guide me to its down load link.

Thank you and with best wishes,

Josip
05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi, Samarjit Sen :)

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your guidance. The Coolpack that I have is of Danfoss, and there is no Air Conditioned Room Section.

In case there are any other CoolPack software could you kindly guide me to its down load link.

Thank you and with best wishes,

Try this link and there you will find a lot of useful things;)
This one is "must have"

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/UK/

link for download:

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/Files/CoolPack.exe

Enjoy, :D :D

Best regards, Josip :)

Brian_UK
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks Josip.

Samarjit Sen
06-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Thank you Brian & Josip,

You have been a great help to me. As I am out of my office for the next couple of days on business checking the progress of work at sites, I shall down load the link on my return to my office.

It is great to have freinds like you all, who always come forward with assistance and help. I wish we had all people like you in this world.

Thank you once again,

nkhokhar00
06-01-2007, 07:21 AM
yes coolpack , soft can serve you

Samarjit Sen
10-01-2007, 05:43 AM
I have downloaded the CoolPack. It is a wonderful software and in all probability will serve all my purpose.Thank you Josip and Brian once again.

Brian_UK
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Glad to be of help.

Don't spend to many hours playing with the new software, go get on with your work ;)

Samarjit Sen
11-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Dear Brian,

I wish I could sit and play around with the Cool Pack. It is interesting. Unfortunately I am so much involved with my projects that I hardly get time to sit. I am always on the move.

You see I am involved from designing to commissioning of the refrigeration plants for various applications. There are air conditioning work, Clean Room projects, low temperature applications, agricultural refrigeration projects etc. We are also representing a number of refrigeration equipments manufacturers from Italy, Spain, USA and China.

However I really feel that not having this CoolPack till now had been an unfortunate for me.

Thank you once again to you and Josip.

With best wishes,

viorelbuiuc
19-11-2010, 01:17 PM
if you need crane cabin air conditioner please take a look for this products: cranecabinairconditioner.com
If you have any other questions please contact me