PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Mistral FF93 doing my head in!!!

Stevieg
29-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi, new member here,can you please put me out of my misery.
Problems with frost free fridge/freezer-freezer cold -22 but fridge warm no circulated cold air from freezer.The evap fan is running but cannot feel any air flow from vent in fridge (i have removed the damper)I have already replaced the evap thermistor (yellow) by suggestion from local domestic repair shop-i don't think they quite understood.I have checked both ducts that run to the fridge compartment and they are both clear.Surely if the fan is running i should feel the airflow unless the fan blades have moved out of position and not directing it properly-even so the ducts are quite away from the fan in the first place.The evaporator coils were quite frosty as well when i changed the thermistor.Any suggestions???

ARNL
31-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Only problem we have ever seen with these fridge /freezers is the thermisters, change the yellow and green ones, defrost the evaporator completely and ensure the drain hole has no ice in and that it is clear of debris. Should be fine after that.

q0j0p
25-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Exactly the same problem as mine, can you tell me what the yellow and green thermisters look like and where I will find them. Thanks

fridge-man
13-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Stevieg,
Have tested the defrost heater and also have you tested the defrost timer normally at back of fridge next to compressor,

Thanks Fridge-Man

Jayos
23-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I've got one doin my head in too.

I have changed the evap thermistor and everything working fine for a couple of days.

Checked today and the fridge is above temp again.

Any ideas?

How does the defrost work on these fridges? is it programmed on the pcb

Jayos
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Can you help
Anybody?

chillin out
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
The Evaporator coils were quite frosty as well when i changed the thermistor.Any suggestions???
Did you not defrost it?

You don't say that you did, so go back and defrost it and then make sure all the panels are on properly.

Switch it back on and it should work.

Chillin:):)

chillin out
05-09-2007, 11:28 PM
How does the Defrost work on these fridges? is it programmed on the pcb
Yes.

I have changed the evap thermistor and everything working fine for a couple of days.

Checked today and the fridge is above temp again.

Any ideas?
Sounds like the fan is cutting out for some reason.

Did you make sure the new evap probe was secured tightly to the coil?

Chillin:):)