PDA

View Full Version : Frigidaire

Altosax
28-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd like to say Hi to any Frigidaire guys out there, just how many left I wonder:(
An do you remember the "Fridge Doctor" if so may I beg a copy by email.
Keep the faith you pathfinders of the UK fridge world, :D "Here before the rest" , apologies :rolleyes: to Halltherm et al of the same era, but the clue is in the Roman name:p

Pooh
28-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Altosax
Are you talking about the ADO25 type frigidaire type stuff, if so Im with you. I served my time on Frigidaire kit with RCL who were the agents for the whole range from domestic appliences to commercial fridge kit and car and tractor AC kit. Good kit for its time.

Ian

Altosax
29-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi Pooh,

Yes, those little strong beasts, ADO, ADI, Air Cooled, Direct Drive, Change the shaft seal on site, use you bearing grinder and scraper to get the smooth fit, change the head plates, reeds, springs etc, all from your van too, no waiting for the likes of D&W, HRP etc the job HAD :eek: to be back up and running same day or hour whatever the case, Happy days, and Yes I remember RCL, they had a branch on Pitshill Bank, Tunstall, Stoke.

Can't rememeber the service managers name but he was a nice bloke and very knowledgable has I remember, the "Fridge Doctor" was a publication given to all apprentices, don't know if you had it issued, but be good to get hold of a copy and put back into some form of modern print ( Heck I'm begining to sound ancient):confused:

Pooh
29-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Altosax
I may know someone who may have one I seem to remember a cartoon book given to me by the boss but do not know if that was the book you mean. I will have a ring around and see if anyone has one.

Ian

Altosax
30-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Ian,

I'm obliged,

Peter