PDA

View Full Version : Adding oil

krgari
25-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi to all!
Just wongdering if it`s possible to add an oil to semi-hermetic compressor (copeland) without reclaiming all the refrigerant. It has an low oil cut out control.

Latte
25-12-2006, 08:42 PM
A bit more info about the compressor might help about the model but there should be no probelm with pumping down the compressor to top up oil. More concerning is WHY you are needing to do this. is there a leak somewhere and have you repaired it or is the oil migrating somewhere, which adding more oil could cause more problems

Regards

fatboy

krgari
26-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks for a respond! O yea there was a leak, and I foud and repaired it. It`s a copeland 9RS3-0765TFE using R-404. Should I use just a suction line service port or the one where low oil control connected

Latte
26-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I suppose i should in theory say, do a lowside pumpdown and change the drier at the same time but we live in the real world !!!!!

Fit gauges, close the suction, you may have to overide LP control to get in in a vac. Switch off, use gas in HP side to equalise in positive pressure. Top up oil, vac out and open up and fire her up again.

Regards

fatboy

Greg W
30-12-2006, 09:21 AM
pump system down it possible , Isolate comp from system ,pump over system or out to cylinder the remander of gas . vac out comp and suck oil in. run vac pump after new oil is in , if you think you may of suck air then open up system , you dont have to change drier that way.

krgari
31-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I shoud learn more about compressors construction , I guess.