PDA

View Full Version : wtt heat exchanger/sogequip chiller

THERMOACC
19-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Hello all,
I am hoping someone here will be able to help me.....
Had a call-out to inspect a Sogequip water chiller that was in low pressure fault and basically it was the brazed plate heat exchanger that had failed.
After contacting Sogequip directly they quoted a silly price and 15 weeks for delivery. The price is not the issue but the delivery time is!:eek:
Would anyone out there know where in the UK could I source a WTT plate? I have tried the German WTT site and cannot get access, nor do I speak German.
Any help would be great!:D

Peter_1
20-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Install a PHE from another brand, a PHE is a PHE, it doesn't matter what brand you install.
Is it WTT or Witt?:confused:

US Iceman
21-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I think Peter has the right idea. Instead of waiting for an identical PHE, get the technical performance data on the PHE you have and call another supplier.

They can match up the operating conditions and capacity requirements without too much trouble. And, I bet someone will have one in stock or much less than 15 weeks!

You may have some re-piping to do, but you would have to do some anyway when changing the PHE's.

NoNickName
21-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Unless it is a titanium PHE, for which a 15 week delivery time is sensible, otherwise go for whatever PHE gives the best price and delivery. Consider that most PHE suppliers now have approx the same plate size and connections. Just count the plates or shoot a photo to the label.

frank
21-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I use these people - very knowledgeable and also VERY helpful http://www.uk-exchangers.com/

THERMOACC
21-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Install a PHE from another brand, a PHE is a PHE, it doesn't matter what brand you install.
Is it WTT or Witt?:confused:

Interesting reply Peter....very helpful.:rolleyes:
Thank you frank, uk-exchangers were very helpful. They can even copy the unusual mounting arrangement of the PHE. All with the delivery around mid Jan!:)

Peter_1
23-12-2006, 09:43 PM
That's why we're here and why this forum has expanded so fast.

Josip
24-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi, Thermoacc :)

Hello all,
I am hoping someone here will be able to help me.....

Would anyone out there know where in the UK could I source a WTT plate? I have tried the German WTT site and cannot get access, nor do I speak German.
Any help would be great!:D

Maybe you can find something here:
http://www.wttamerica.com/index.php

or here:

GEA Ecoflex United Kingdom Ltd.
York House, Building 2, Unit 8
Waterside Business Park
Redwall Close
S25 3QA Dinnington, Sheffield
United Kingdom
Phone +44-1909-551107
Fax +44-1909-550885