PDA

View Full Version : condensate lines

kDawg
10-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I recently had a problem with a clogged condensate line in my house so I called the local AC man and had to pay more than I cared to for him to clean the line. Anyway, he told me to look into buying cleaning tablets that kill algae and stuff that clogs the line.

Just curious if anybody uses this stuff?

Brian_UK
11-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Yes, there are various makes and products to do the job.

If you can access the drain tray of your air conditioning unit then you could keep it clean and clear by using some form of disinfectant to stop the biological growth that occurs.

taz24
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I recently had a problem with a clogged condensate line in my house so I called the local AC man and had to pay more than I cared to for him to clean the line. Anyway, he told me to look into buying cleaning tablets that kill algae and stuff that clogs the line.

Just curious if anybody uses this stuff?

You need to be able to access the drain tray and flush with fluid.
The best I have ever found is half a cup of just off the boil water every six months and this will mostly stop all condensate problems.

taz.

sandeep
20-12-2006, 12:38 PM
please tell me,if in refrigeration double stage systems HP discharge pressure is reduce up to 05.00 kg/cm2(65 psig)
what happened ?

NoNickName
20-12-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.cleanac.com/QandA_AlgaeGuard.htm

NoNickName
20-12-2006, 01:23 PM
please tell me,if in refrigeration double stage systems HP discharge pressure is reduce up to 05.00 kg/cm2(65 psig)
what happened ?

Refrigerant leak?

Peter_1
20-12-2006, 11:28 PM
what happened ?

Better post this in a new thread. Oh, and welcome.
What happened. If you ask me ,Hp discharge valve (one or more) is blown away in the sump and the oil in the sump has disolved the reed. This disolved reed then was sucked in the suction line and blocks now the mesh filter in the TEV where the oil can not longer flow to lubricate the evaporator. Just a rough guess of course.