PDA

View Full Version : what to do!

mr cool
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
:D hi everyone!:)

i am a supervisor in the supermarket sector and am getting a little tired of the hours/call out etc:eek: and am also getting a bit of a hard time from the missus as i am not home often enough (a fair comment):( i need to earn at least 2k a month and have worked for smaller firms doing pubs and clubs and air con but there is just no money in it. i have been in the game for 11 yrs and was wandering if anyone can suggest another side of the industry thats not so heavy on the hours but still pays the bills! i live in east anglia. any advice appreciated thanks, mr cool:cool:

LRAC
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
you wont be able to reduce your hours in this trade unless you go for management positions.
Your wages don't sound bad for the area your in, but not if its salary.

Kind regards
Lrac

bernard
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi You could try commisioning or self employment.

Regards Bernard

mr cool
07-12-2006, 12:05 AM
its hourly and not a fantastic rate

LRAC
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
its hourly and not a fantastic rate

Hi Mr Cool

is that 24k a year including standby and overtime payments?

Lrac

Pooh
08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Mr Cool drop me a PM as I might know of something going down your way that may be what you are looking for.

Ian

MTKkeefy
09-12-2006, 10:48 PM
East Anglia - MTK Spalding ;-)

bernard
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi

I,ve worked in A/C, Commercial and presently in supermarket as a engineer.

I also worked with MTK and Grenco on the parts side.

The most challenging and enjoyable has been Supermarket,If you have a decent employer who dosen,t want to loose you, then they should adapt to your needs.

Not to knock the transport lads,but hanging onto the front of an artic in the peeing rain"YOU GOT TO BE MAD":eek:

There must be another Supermarket contractor in you area.

Regards Bernard

mr cool
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
thats 2 k after tax and nat ins etc

taz24
12-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Supermarket fridge pays well but you do earn the money in overtime and such like. Industrial fridge does pay well if you have the oppertunity to move over. Aircon install pays well but again you earn your money.

taz.

djbe
16-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Not to knock the transport lads,but hanging onto the front of an artic in the peeing rain"YOU GOT TO BE MAD":eek:

Times are changing Bernard.

I've do a lot of sub work for a large main dealer and their latest method statement /risk assessments actually mention the dangers of working on truck cabs and ladders in inclement weather.

Mr Cool if a reduction in hours is what your looking for don't bother with transport, especially for a firm like MTK.