PDA

View Full Version : LG Twin System

nickh
06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Has anyone had any problems with LG twin cassette systems.

LRAC
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Has anyone had any problems with LG twin cassette systems.

Hi Nickh youv'e come to the right place, i don't think any body in this forum has NOT had a problem with LG.

May i suggest you use the search facility to find out what we think of LG, by the way what problem are you having.

Kind regards
Lrac

Andy W
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
LG?Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah .........replace with a Fujitsu, you wont regret it.

Brian_UK
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Has anyone had any problems with LG twin cassette systems.OK folks, were do we start? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, welcome to the forum; try a search as suggested, there's a lot of LG flak on here.

monkey spanners
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I've got an LG mug that so far has been 100% reliable (in use one week):D
We put in a mini vrf with two cassettes and if you tried to run one on heating and one on cooling the controllers came up with a fault code, so really was just a big split with two cassettes:confused:
Another that turns its condeser fan off and keeps running, you can hear the compressor internal pressure relief letting by:eek: etc etc etc

Cheers Jon

Brian_UK
06-12-2006, 10:40 PM
"And the beat goes on, la da-di-da-di-da"...

apologies to Sony and Cher ;)

Jez
07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
We put in a mini vrf with two cassettes and if you tried to run one on heating and one on cooling the controllers came up with a fault code, so really was just a big split with two cassettes

To be fair to LG, I don't think any Mini VRF can do simultaneous heating and cooling. They are all two-pipe systems.

LRAC
07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
To be fair to LG, I don't think any Mini VRF can do simultaneous heating and cooling. They are all two-pipe systems.

Mitsubishi electric do a 2 pipe VRF no problems at all.

Lrac

Jez
07-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Mitsubishi electric do a 2 pipe VRF no problems at all.

Everyone does 2-pipe VRF no problem at all, but as far as I know you can't get a Mini VRF that does simultaneous heating & cooling, Mitsubishi Electric or otherwise.

monkey spanners
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
We weren't after simultaneous heating and cooling, just expected the unit to wait until the other unit has reached set temp and then do what it wants to do (as we had been led to believe) and not come up with a fault code. why send two controlers if both units have to do the same thing?
Lousy Goods

Cheers Jon
p.s. Has also bust a discharge pipe and released all its refrigerant into the comunity:rolleyes: I think its a cunning plan to increase global warming and thus the need for air conditioning:mad:

LRAC
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Has also bust a discharge pipe and released all its refrigerant into the comunity:rolleyes: I think its a cunning plan to increase global warming and thus the need for air conditioning:mad:

We installed 2 of the first R410 high wall units from LG, what a complete nightmare, no safety devices at all on the outdoor unit.
The units blew themselves to bits with high side fractures. That was 4 years ago and we aint touched LG since. Even our web site says no LG representatives to contact us!

Lrac

nickh
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Nickh youv'e come to the right place, i don't think any body in this forum has NOT had a problem with LG.

May i suggest you use the search facility to find out what we think of LG, by the way what problem are you having.

Kind regards
Lrac

Hi Lrac

Fitted several of the 13kw twin systems (1 outdoor with 2 circuits with 2 x 6.4kw cassetts) and had loads of problems ie pipes spliting, distribution pipes leaking compressors failing, water pumps, facias the lot. LG say that they have loads of these systems around with very little problems !!

Regards

Nickh

Jez
07-12-2006, 08:47 PM
why send two controllers if both units have to do the same thing?

Surely they don't have to do the same thing? Set point and fan speed can be different I'm guessing?

I have to admit the fault code is a bit baffling. With other manufacturers VRF one of the units would go on standby (which one would depend on the mode priority that has been set).

Anyway, kind of hijacking the original thread with this VRF chat, so I'll keep quiet.

Karl Hofmann
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
The most fulfilling part of any LG install was ripping the damned thing out and replacing it with a Sanyo three years later at my own cost:mad:

Larry2
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
I posted these photos on another topic a while back. This is the brazing connection to the evaporator in my LG 50 pint dehumidifier. It appeared to be loosing gas somewhere, so I opened it up for a look. The copper tube connecting to the evaporator was eaten up down one side by the welder's torch. Brazing wire appeared to be dripped onto the connection elsehwere. Everywhere that required hand brazing of connections showed poor workmanship. I wouldn't want my face inside an R410 unit brazed by the same assembler who worked on this dehumidifier.

I wrote an email asking LG to pick up this broken/leaking dehumdifier andrepair it under warranty. They declined.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2u9o5tz.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/2wpl4iv.jpg