PDA

View Full Version : ThermoKing SB II

Yurij I
05-12-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm looking spare parts list and maintenance manual for ThermoKing SB II, please help

fordrules
10-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I would try ebay.

Absolute Zero
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I would wait for Reeferjon

Reeferjon
11-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey I.

What is it you need and for which SBII specificly....you can email me off list.
John.

Yurij I
15-12-2006, 04:13 AM
Reeferjon, i wrote you email, please reply

Reeferjon
15-12-2006, 05:29 PM
You have mail
John.

Yurij I
19-12-2006, 01:40 AM
You have mail
John.
Thank you John

clivemtk
19-12-2006, 10:45 PM
what engine does the sb2 have

fordrules
21-12-2006, 04:33 AM
IZUZU SE's DI's or C201's

reefermadness
25-12-2006, 09:12 PM
i have never seen a Izuzu di se in a sb II. I thought that the se was first available in the SBIII?? I have seen a Cummins in a SB II though!

We through out SB II parts books and manuals.

Long live the TGIV!!

ReeferMadness

Yurij I
28-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Photos:

fordrules
28-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Maybe its a regional thing. By me there are all kinds of sb II di's

reefermadness
29-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Lots of DI's no DI SE's though

nova
29-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I've never seen Cummins engines in TK's units in Finland. They are usually everlasting Japanese Yanmar's. However, Cummins' excellent engines' been seen in Finnish made SISU trucks (http://www.sisuauto.com/portal/english/) First ones were back in 1980's with 4 valve's / cylinder with roller camshafts! Feel the CUMMINS POWER! :D

absolute-zero
29-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I know this is an old thread but still like reading through the archives,

The question of SB 2 with a 2.2 Isuzu SE engine.

The early SB 2 when transition from the SB I used C201 isuzu engine and later transitioned to a di engine.

When SBIII was introduced it carried the DI isuzu and trasitioned to the SE isuzu, keep in mind same engine just differnt maniflods and injection pump was mounted differntly.

The transition to The Isuzu SE in the low mid 90,s was souly related to European market. Had to make units differntly to allow tractor cab clearnce due to 5th wheel king pin plate location.

The DI and SE were identical engines and here in the US you could remove di and replavce with SE and vise/versa.

Tk standardized the se engine to meet global demands, not a bad idea to have on standard engine to meet specific global reasons.

Here in the US we can remove se and install DI, and doors will shut, eoropen models like SL could not do this.

Then in the later 90s trailer product line with MP5 whisper unit was intoduced with Yanmar 482/486

meaning 4 stood for 4 cylinder and the 82 or 86 meant engine bore size in Milimeters.

The Yanmar is smaller in cube than the SE/DI and has proven to be quiter and consume less fuel with increased HP. As fuel; costs hike These TRU manufactures and engineers have to always keep ther pencil sharp to bring constantly bring added value to the unit and its primary objectives.

It is possible here to see a SB II here in the states with a SE engine, as it may have been a replacement engine, but was not standard from factory design.

Regards A-Z

abbsnowman
30-01-2008, 06:17 PM
AZ, seriously dude, do you sleep in TK pajama's? You must be running out of space in that head of yours.
I'm glad your out there. Need a job hehehehe:D

absolute-zero
30-01-2008, 07:23 PM
AZ, seriously dude, do you sleep in TK pajama's? You must be running out of space in that head of yours.
I'm glad your out there. Need a job hehehehe:D

Hi abbs,
Ah shucks your too kind:D

Actually no i do not have TK or carrier PJs, But i do drink coffe out of both product lines logoed coffee mugs, play golf with both product lines logoed balls with and other, I drinnk beer from both product lines beer insulators, I dry off out of the shower with a TK towel, I wear a tk raincoat when its raining, I use a tk or CTC writing utencil to write with Ha Ha.

I hope i never run out of room to keep learning.

Always looking for work.;)

Regards A-Z

clivemtk
30-01-2008, 11:26 PM
i have been reading threaddo not understand sl = tk486 engine so a model smx moreless same as sl did have isuzu engine fitted

absolute-zero
31-01-2008, 02:32 AM
i have been reading threaddo not understand sl = tk486 engine so a model smx moreless same as sl did have isuzu engine fitted

Hi clivemtk
You are correct SMX = Isuzu SE, and SL= Yanmar.;)

A-Z

absolute-zero
31-01-2008, 02:46 AM
I have seen a Cummins in a SB II though!

I think i would be curiouse to see that configuration. Cummins engine in a TK unit:D

I have worked on sopme marine gensets, that were an onan model that had cummins, but never have seen in TK or CTC product line.

Before i got into transport refrigeration, I was a Class 8 tractor diesel and drivetrain mechanic, if it was on the truck tractor or whatever we could fix it.

I have on many occasions custom fit ford diesel parts to accept mack truck enegine parts as a cheap alternative to the customer replaceing an engine, we also many times, custom fit other diesel engines and accessories.

Of course we had our own machine shop, so the possibilties were endless, we would make anything work,

A-Z

samuelosto
12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Please send me one too. my mail :sam_virgo_123@hotmail.com
Thanks