PDA

View Full Version : hitachi

superswill
04-12-2006, 06:00 PM
can anyone shed any light on this for me,i have two hitachi cass model RCi-3HZ and RCi-3HZ outdoors working of one remote as a maters and slave that so iam told work "every now and then" i keep getting an 03 fault comms checked the norm wiring ect but cant even run them one to one as serperate uint so kinda cant see two indoor/outsdoors pcb's being down as the fault suggests any veiws?? have a new remote coming from a mate(god bless his van its a gold mine of old kit)

paul

Brian_UK
04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Does any of the control wiring go through a high level interlock with a condensate pump?

Have you checked the wiring going into the condensing units? I've had cases, not with Hitachi, of the cables getting worn through due to chafing.

superswill
04-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Does any of the control wiring go through a high level interlock with a condensate pump?

Have you checked the wiring going into the condensing units? I've had cases, not with Hitachi, of the cables getting worn through due to chafing.

nothing is though the high level,think when my remote arrives i will run new interconnecting and remote cable as only a very small run and 6 core data cable has been use for the remote but as i wired the r/c to the units individually with a meter of cable i dont think this will be the prob,but best to be sure i think

thank brian

mgtet
06-12-2006, 08:54 PM
before flashing 03 it will flash the unit address ie A0,03 or A1,03.
The unit address is set on the dip switches on the indoor pcb using binary code. this will at least tell you which one of the units you have a fault with. I assume the units have worked in the past?

superswill
06-12-2006, 11:30 PM
before flashing 03 it will flash the unit address ie A0,03 or A1,03.
The unit address is set on the dip switches on the indoor pcb using binary code. this will at least tell you which one of the units you have a fault with. I assume the units have worked in the past?

so i told by the office staff the fault point to the master A0 but if i address the slave as the master and try run in on its own i get the same fault making me think its the remote but as these are as old as T rex all my tec info does cover them ie just 2 check the dip swith setting on in indoors and outdoors