PDA

View Full Version : Help please. How to charge a unit

God55
01-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi,
Although I have fitted many home split A/C units I have never had to top-up or pre-charge a unit. I now have a new split unit which is not charged with the R407C gas. I have a vacuum pump charging lines with gauges, a set of refrigeration charge scales and a full new 11Kg bottle of gas. I would like the satisfaction of learning how to charge or top up a unit, so thought I would ask someone how.
Q1. Can anyone advise me if I have ALL the necessary equipment to charge the compressor?
Q2. Can I charge the external compressor without connecting the pipe work to the internal cooler (The compressor specifications gives me the pre-charge weight of refrigerant)?
Q3. Can anyone explain from A-Z how I should charge the compressor (I assume using the refrigerant and or evaporator valves?
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Garry

taz24
02-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Hi,

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Garry

I'm not sure if you are serious or having a laugh at our expence? You should not be doing this type of work without the nessesary qualifications.
taz.

Brian_UK
02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Garry, welcome to the forum.

Before we go any further as Taz has implied already..

Do you have a current Refrigerant Safe Handling Certificate?

If not then you are in breach of the Regulations and could pose a danger to yourself and others around you.

I would ask other members to consider their responses until this is clarified by God55.

LRAC
03-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Before we go any further as Taz has implied already..

Do you have a current Refrigerant Safe Handling Certificate?

Think about it Brian UK if he had RSH God55 would know how to charge a system and know where the guages fit, its covered in the course?

Lrac

Brian_UK
03-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Think about it Brian UK if he had RSH God55 would know how to charge a system and know where the guages fit, its covered in the course?

LracMy point exactly.

Abby Normal
03-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Maybe he could get Moses to do it for him

Andy
03-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Maybe he could get Moses to do it for him:D :D :D
maybe Abraham:eek: to please all religions

Kind Regards Andy:)

swiftkool
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
ticking time bomb

Pooh
05-12-2006, 12:20 AM
This is my point exactly when I rant on about the need for minimum training within the industry, I come across people like this on a weekly basis and give them the same answer as I give God55, if you dont know what you are doing leave it alone cos as sure as eggs are eggs you are going to kill yourself or worse still some other poor B______. Why do suppliers still sell kit to people like this.

Ian
RANT OVER

US Iceman
05-12-2006, 02:19 AM
MY only comment is, anyone who can use a screen name of GOD does not need any help!:D

wolf
21-03-2007, 08:06 AM
R407 can be charged only as liquid thats all from me god55

lana
21-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I would ask other members to consider their responses until this is clarified by God55.

I would like to help but as Brian said ....

bye:)

weeksy
21-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Although I have fitted many home split A/C units I have never had to top-up or pre-charge a unit

This appears to be a growing trend.....a few odd-jobbers earn a few quid jamming a 2-bob pre-charged DIY kit from B&Q into a conservatory etc. & then think they can "do" a/c !!

Just proves that a little bit of knowledge is, indeed, a dangerous thing!

July 2007: everyone needs CITB/C&G safe handling certs.
July 2009: Safe handling proof required to buy refrigerant from suppliers.

Why the 2 year gap:confused:

Brian_UK
21-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Just a small thing, don't know if anybody noticed but the original poster never came back.

taz24
21-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Just a small thing, don't know if anybody noticed but the original poster never came back.

I thought the same when he originally posted.
Its like.
Throw a hand grenade into a room and see what happens.
Me thinks someone was haveing fun at our expence.

taz.

Brian_UK
21-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Quite likely Taz.....

I must admit that I was pleased with the lack of response to his questions.

Abby Normal
23-03-2007, 01:42 AM
hmm no second coming

Si@airconworld
23-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Why pay the large amount of cash required to buy this equipment and gas if you don't know what to do with it? why not use the money to pay someone who does? Muppet.

Josip
23-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi, all :)

Unfortunately this is not the only thread without any response from original poster.

A lot of similar posters expect one immediate/instant full answer to solve complete problem they have. Strange:confused:

What we can do about?

Best regards, Josip :)