PDA

View Full Version : R22 Fujitsu FCUs on new Inverter Multi-Condenser?

Makeit go Right
28-11-2006, 07:52 PM
A domestic customer has an 8kW Fujitsu R22 inverter Multi-split, which is about four years old. He has had the existing system pumped down and three Room Units stored safely (with the ends sealed off), all ready to reinstall when some building work has been completed. The existing equipment will be reinstalled with new interconnecting pipework etc.

As the sale of (new) R22 gas is to be stopped in three years, making repair work increasing difficult with any salvaged gas there might be available, and then having to switch to a drop-in replacement gas, I suggested that he replace the R22 equipment now, costing not much more than this reinstall cost. There is also the beneficial 5% VAT on domestic installs.

He is interested but asked if the system could be upgraded with just a new Fujitsu 410a condenser, rather than have to throw away the three Room Units.

I have scared him with warranty issues for the new condensing unit, and "not much saving in it anyway", but............

a) Was I right to laugh when he suggested this to me, or is there some chance in this being a sensible solution?

b) Apart from having to clean out the coils’ pipe innards, it would rest on whether the Room Units would speak the right language to the condenser – any chance of that?

LRAC
28-11-2006, 08:50 PM
a) Was I right to laugh when he suggested this to me, or is there some chance in this being a sensible solution?

b) Apart from having to clean out the coils’ pipe innards, it would rest on whether the Room Units would speak the right language to the condenser – any chance of that?

Hi make it go right

You've got to be joking if its Fujitsu they change things so quick its obsolete before the warranty runs out.
Look at fujitsu with R407c they had staying power with that one 9 months i think?
Your heading for trouble sell him a new system and to top it try Mitsi electric.

Kind regards
Lrac

inverter
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Not possable indoor pcb's differant moter feedback ect!

momo
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
DANGER:eek:: R410 pressures and characteristics quite different from R22, nearest is R407 (some old Fuji/General... stock still around!) Many manufacturers replaced gas, oil, reprogrammed and used this for some years in the same re-labeled models !!!
Any news of how R22 substitutes have worked? FX56 gives quite a few probs for R12.