PDA

View Full Version : First look...........lasting impression

Abe
25-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Donald Trump was in Miami on a blistering hot day, wearing a pure wool, pinstripe suit, white shirt, shiny black shoes and a red tie. One of the businessmen with him suggested he wear a Hawaii shirt like the rest of them. His answer was, "I come from New York. I'm here to do business. In New York, this is how we dress for business."

Ever bought an expensive watch, a brand name pen, eaten in an expensive restaurant? You can probably get food that's just as tasty in the greasy spoon down the street, a pen that you can buy for a quarter writes just as well and a cheap ten-dollar watch also tells the time. But we live in a world of perceptions, and packaging gets us to pay a hundred times more and enjoy doing it.

Here's my point: how well are you packaged? Not only for others, but also for yourself? Not only to make sales, but in your own home over the weekend for your family? Are you one of those unshaven men that roam the supermarkets on a Saturday morning? The better we look, the better we're groomed, the more trouble we take to be our very best at all times, not only makes you feel good and confident, it pays a compliment to those around you. It tells them that they're important.

When your car is shiny clean, your home is spic and span, you're dressed like a winner and your pen, shoes, binders, case, purse and cell phone all look great, you're heading for success. It's easy to let oneself go; people won't say anything, but they will notice. And sales will go down. When the big opportunity comes along, you won't be in line. They say that success occurs when preparation meets opportunity. Are you prepared for opportunity? We want people to say, "She's a real winner, reliable, professional and confident. We can be proud of her. Let's offer it to her!"

Look the part. They walk the talk. "By your fruits you will be known."

Now someone once said, "You can't judge a book by its cover." Someone else said, "The first impression is a lasting impression." The cover of the book sets the stage. It is the introduction. It creates a standard, an expectation and a benchmark. If all that glitters is not gold, be sure that, if it doesn't glitter, nobody is going to expect gold.

So, next time you meet someone for the first time, take a real good look at them, their accessories, their grooming, their car, their home and especially their bathroom. Watch how they treat the server in the restaurant, animals and small children. Watch their table manners and how well they listen. Look for clues and decide if you're talking to a duck or a screaming Eagle. THEN decide if you want to do business with them. But first, take a good hard look at… YOU.

walters
06-05-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Aiyub
Donald Trump was in Miami on a blistering hot day, wearing a pure wool, pinstripe suit, white shirt, shiny black shoes and a red tie. One of the businessmen with him suggested he wear a Hawaii shirt like the rest of them. His answer was, "I come from New York. I'm here to do business. In New York, this is how we dress for business."

Ever bought an expensive watch, a brand name pen, eaten in an expensive restaurant? You can probably get food that's just as tasty in the greasy spoon down the street, a pen that you can buy for a quarter writes just as well and a cheap ten-dollar watch also tells the time. But we live in a world of perceptions, and packaging gets us to pay a hundred times more and enjoy doing it.

Here's my point: how well are you packaged? Not only for others, but also for yourself? Not only to make sales, but in your own home over the weekend for your family? Are you one of those unshaven men that roam the supermarkets on a Saturday morning? The better we look, the better we're groomed, the more trouble we take to be our very best at all times, not only makes you feel good and confident, it pays a compliment to those around you. It tells them that they're important.

When your car is shiny clean, your home is spic and span, you're dressed like a winner and your pen, shoes, binders, case, purse and cell phone all look great, you're heading for success. It's easy to let oneself go; people won't say anything, but they will notice. And sales will go down. When the big opportunity comes along, you won't be in line. They say that success occurs when preparation meets opportunity. Are you prepared for opportunity? We want people to say, "She's a real winner, reliable, professional and confident. We can be proud of her. Let's offer it to her!"

Look the part. They walk the talk. "By your fruits you will be known."

Now someone once said, "You can't judge a book by its cover." Someone else said, "The first impression is a lasting impression." The cover of the book sets the stage. It is the introduction. It creates a standard, an expectation and a benchmark. If all that glitters is not gold, be sure that, if it doesn't glitter, nobody is going to expect gold.

So, next time you meet someone for the first time, take a real good look at them, their accessories, their grooming, their car, their home and especially their bathroom. Watch how they treat the server in the restaurant, animals and small children. Watch their table manners and how well they listen. Look for clues and decide if you're talking to a duck or a screaming Eagle. THEN decide if you want to do business with them. But first, take a good hard look at… YOU. :)

Abe
06-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Hello walters

So you like cutting and pasting, whats your point?
I think you missed it out, or my pc must have the bug!!

Good Day
Aiyub

walters
06-05-2002, 09:32 PM
NO - I am just a beginner, and sure as h... I already made a mistake! I did not know how to submit my compliments to your article...
I like your article - this is an important part of a servicemans success.
Sorry for the mistake, my compliments - see you!
walter.

Abe
12-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Walter

No worries matey, thats how we learn, who said, " the man who did not make a mistake made nothing"

True

Take care bud
See ya
Abe