PDA

View Full Version : How to braze

monkey spanners
25-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Take some brazing rods (melty sticks) cut into small pieces, feed to a pigeon. Heat pigeon until glowing (red hot) hold pigeon over pipe and wait. Job done:mad: :mad:

Well thats what it looked like.

US Iceman
25-11-2006, 06:22 PM
OK, that's an interesting method, but what in the world are you talking about?:confused:

Was the supposed to be a picture of this fine craftmanship?

taz24
25-11-2006, 07:50 PM
OK, that's an interesting method, but what in the world are you talking about?:confused:

Was the supposed to be a picture of this fine craftmanship?

I think a bit of English humour is at work here:)

Take some brazing rods (melty sticks) cut into small pieces, feed to a pigeon. Heat pigeon until glowing (red hot) hold pigeon over pipe and wait. Job done:mad: :mad:

Let me translate in American English.

I have just come across a braze that looks like pigeon sh1t:)

Cheers taz.

NH3LVR
25-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you Taz. Once again proving we are separated by a common language.:D

taz24
25-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Thank you Taz. Once again proving we are separated by a common language.:D

LOL

Your welcome.

Its easier for us over this side of the pond because we watch all your films:)

A scene I will not forget is in he film Pulp Fiction and the two bad guys are sat in a car discussing the name of Big Mac or a burger king? (not sure which now) in french
La Grand Royal I think it was called.

Cheers taz.

US Iceman
26-11-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm reminded of this from one of our old favorite TV shows, Lucille Ball. In one show they were in England trying to get one of the guards ar Buckingham Palace to talk.

Her comment was, why won't he talk? Doesn't he understand English!:D :D

I sort of figured it was about a crappy brazing job, but was hoping for a picture.

monkey spanners
26-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Will get some pictures when i go back to the site. They had also used ptfe tape on their flare joints:confused: :eek:
Not sure if i want the work but its done through a milking parlour fitter we do work for so i can't turn it down without losing any other work he may put our way. Its a 7000 litre DX milk tank and on the last one i moved of that make seven of the eight legs had rusted up. Stainless steel tank with steel leg threads in a dairy!!! So i spent a day cutting 2" steel pipe up as packing pieces to go between the feet and floor. If you don't get the slope on the tank right it won't wash properly and the tanker won't empty it properly either. This one needs turning 90' to make room for another one along side of it, between milkings:eek:

Cheers Jon

benncool
29-11-2006, 01:22 AM
What gets me is the spelling of English words here in America versus the rest of the English speaking world.

check = cheque

tire = tyre

plow = plough

color = colour...... etc.

This all came about from the American Revolution. After the War, Daniel Webster published the 'New American Dictionary' to give our infant nation some idenity. He gave new spellings to words as used here in the Colonies.

Andy P
29-11-2006, 11:20 PM
At least they sound the same: aluminum = aluminium always catches me out. Somehow I'm convinced that aluminum (the US one) should be an alloy (like duralumin)

cheers

Andy P

benncool
30-11-2006, 03:21 AM
At least they sound the same: aluminum = aluminium always catches me out. Somehow I'm convinced that aluminum (the US one) should be an alloy (like duralumin)

cheers

Andy P

How about the word 'Schedule' ? They way you say that word tells you what side of the pond you live on. :)

Abby Normal
01-12-2006, 03:56 AM
What gets me is the spelling of English words here in America versus the rest of the English speaking world.

check = cheque

tire = tyre

plow = plough

color = colour...... etc.

This all came about from the American Revolution. After the War, Daniel Webster published the 'New American Dictionary' to give our infant nation some idenity. He gave new spellings to words as used here in the Colonies.

You have to remember that the colourful phrases used by your honourable neighbours to the North in Canada are all based on a language called English

Paulajayne
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
We have theatre and you have theater we have D*ckhead and you have Bush.

It's all in the pronunciaattiioonnn

BTW tell Bill Gates that there is no such thing as American English.

Paula

Pooh
06-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I need to ask the question what is Katsup then, saw bottles of it in the supermarket but did not dare to buy it cos it had a feline ring to it.

Ian