PDA

View Full Version : Washing machine

Jase
21-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a hotpoint washing machine and the darn thing keeps leaking out of the powder dispenser.
I have reduced water inlet to machine hoping that this would do the trick, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Jase

Andy
21-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I have a hotpoint washing machine and the darn thing keeps leaking out of the powder dispenser.
I have reduced water inlet to machine hoping that this would do the trick, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Jase

Call a washing machine repair man:D

Sorry I am no help I don't fix my own washing machine, I HATE WORKING ON WASHING MACHINES.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Argus
21-11-2006, 10:20 PM

I NEVER interfere with my wife's washing machine.

You absolutely, definitely, finally and without equivocation need a washing machine repair man.

Sir Josiah Sodd
21-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Have you tried turning off the water?
This should stop the leak.

monkey spanners
21-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Take the draw out and see if it, or the hole the water and powder get washed down is gummed up undisolved powder or scale ( washing machines live longer with calgon ha ha ha) and clean it out. It not try a boil wash with no powder etc or washing as this will disolve any old powder claging up the pipes and preventing the draw draining.
I put some ice machine cleaner (phosphoric acid) to descale mine.
Failing that its fecked, by her a new one for xmas.

Cheers Jon

Brian_UK
21-11-2006, 10:43 PM
by her a new one for xmas.Oh right, that'll stand you good stead :rolleyes:

monkey spanners
21-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Must be the beer talking:D mmm beer;)

Jon

chillin out
21-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Chances are that the hose between the dispencer and the tub is blocked up, (probably with a piece of plastic from the washing tablet you use).

Chillin:) :)

frank
22-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Are you missing any SOCKS :D

Geez, the things I've found in ours when I've had to strip it down. Don't you just love getting home from a crap day at work to hear her say "the washer's not emptying again" :rolleyes:

Jase
23-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Cheers fellas:)
I will try and follow the advice given, but firstly I will have to go and test the beer that I put in the fridge earlier;)

Jase

bernard
24-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Could be a bit of flood back,have you got the correct orifice fitted.:D

Regards Bernard

Dan
25-11-2006, 02:35 AM
My favorite washing machine experience was when I chose to dismantle the dial setter. At least 20 small cam actuators the size of chocolate sprinkles you might put on a birthday cake fell out.

I have done the socks stuck in the pump. I have done the mysterious gear motor switching confusion. But when all these pieces just fell out, my heart sunk.

There is a point where you stand before hope, and try to stick it out, and there is that other point on the other side of the same thing, ... despair. And no, I didn't try to put it back together, although I was tempted. The new control was $80.00 12 years ago.

Me and washing machines have learned to respect each other. Either I go or the machine goes.

slingblade
03-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Washing machines:mad:

Wire from a bra, stuck in the drum. 2 1/2 hours of perfectly good pub time wasted and a 3 inch gash on my left hand trying to replace to huge spring loaded jubilee clip thing on the front rubber seal. Never again, she was told to do bra's by hand in no uncertain terms.

Dan, been there and done that. many moons ago i was looking at a commercial dishwasher {dont ask} and the cam timer motor was burnt out. on removal of said object the whole thing fell in bits and distributed itself over a wide area. 15 cams and microswitches:(
I think it was about £150 10 or 12 years ago.
Also did a domestic dishwasher for a mate. a cheap italian one, but it did have a full wiring diagram with a sequence diagram for the timer. nothing was doing what i was supposed to, it was bizzare, after about 2 hours of head scratching my brother walked up and pulled the control knob off then replaced it the other way up, it worked fine.
I had a few choice words with my mate who then had a few choice words with her kids.:(

Dan
07-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Slingblade, you have me smiling. I feel better knowing that I am not alone (when I really felt I was) :)

nh3wizard
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Do what I did, buy her a scrub board and some rocks to do the wash, needless to say we arent married any more

chillin out
08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Do what I did, buy her a scrub board and some rocks to do the wash, needless to say we arent married any more

Good to hear a happy ending....lol

Chillin:) :)

Electrocoolman
11-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi Jase,
Our washing m/c decided to spew forth from detergent draw the other day....1" water all over floor.
Drum was full up too, as water level sensing thought it needed more water.
Drained (pumped) out OK but a bit slow. Dismantled pump filter (needed pliers to get it out).....found load of scale built up in pump filter housing. Anyway whilst scraping away scale, found outlet for pressure switch tube also came off the housing....guess what....it was also blocked with scale.
All OK after a good clean.