PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss remote control

spr2003
13-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Has anyone experienced the Danfoss Adap Kool gateway connected to AKM via TCP-IP? :confused:
After the last phone company invoice :eek: i think i will switch to the internet with our remote controlled plants. :cool:
Any advice is very welcome. :)

Sergio

Kevin Yeo
23-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I agree with spr2003, modem dial-up is expensive and i'm thinking of switching to IP based connection. I understand networking department of stores need to allocate one specific IP address for remote monitoring. Firewall would be set to allow user to have limited access.

spr2003
28-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Done.
I did a test with two plants.
I installed Digi One cards instead of the modem, and together with the net tecnicians of the client and our computer net, we set a routing table based on a ADSL router with two public IP addresses, wich has nothing to do with the net of the client, to keep il clear of viruses, damages, or something else. Our computer setting is on the winsock mode, and doesn't require anything else than a static public Ip on the internet.
To tell the truth it works really fine, fast on the connection and on the communication. The logs upload now takes more or less five minutes a gateway, instead of more than 10 min.
Danfoss says now, with TCP-IP communications you must set all the gateways as masters, and to fit a Digi One on each gateway, and no more as master and slave via AKA 241 on Danbuss net.

I hope this can help somebody. :)

Sergio

chaz_45
27-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Your information on Danfoss modem communication helped me get closer to the subject. But, what I'm looking for specifically is a way to daisy chain a half a dozen EKC315A's to communicate to the same PC (or several PC's if that's feasible). I would also like to know exactly how to wire a modem to this same group of EKC315A's for phone communication.

If my order is too steep, reduce to one EKC315A, one modem, and one PC. Getting a piece of of the action beats nothing at all. Plus, it may lead to new ideas that develope the application further.

Thank You,

Chuck