PDA

View Full Version : air flow reduction

VIXS
11-11-2006, 09:37 PM
I have a customer who has a ceiling mounted unit split.
The problem is that no matter in what direction i adjust the air flow diffusers or what ever angle i set the air vane, some one in the office always complaines that there is a draft blowing directly on them.

Any ideas on what i can do.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

winfred.dela
11-11-2006, 10:21 PM
The problem is that no matter in what direction i adjust the air flow diffusers or what ever angle i set the air vane, some one in the office always complaines that there is a draft blowing directly on them.

Any ideas on what i can do.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If there is still a head room inside the ceiling, i will convert the unit into a ceiling concealed model with short flexible duct plus diffuser/s or grille/s.

Of course, i need additional info to be able to give the best recommendation. :)

Brian_UK
11-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Tell the boss to issue a P45 to the next one who complains ;)

Seriously though, have a look at installing some form of deflector to stop the airflow.

I have seen examples where a clear perspex surround has been fitted to just below a cassette to force the air along the ceiling, all things are possible (hopefully).

VIXS
12-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Tell the boss to issue a P45 to the next one who complains ;)

Seriously though, have a look at installing some form of deflector to stop the airflow.

I have seen examples where a clear perspex surround has been fitted to just below a cassette to force the air along the ceiling, all things are possible (hopefully).

I llike the P45 idea.

You hit the nail on the head, the clear perspex will do the trick as the unit is not a recessed unit.

I have been hunting on the net and have found nothing.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

Any supplier that you can think of:o

Brian_UK
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
No, it's something you might have to make up yourself otherwise a troll through yellow pages...

winfred.dela
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM

The problem is not really the air flow reduction or to stop the airflow.

The real problem is the air draft/draught that hits the occupant thus producing uncomfortable cooling.

The aircon installer should have forseen these uncomfortable air draft/draught during the commissioning stage.

I believe there are standards for the air velocity so that these problems should not happen.

Abby Normal
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
You can't please everyone, but it is common sense when cold air from the unit falls on someone and they complain.

Check out this link

http://www.price-hvac.com/media/trainingModule.aspx#flash

Try the one called "Space Air Diffussion" and particular what they are calling the occupied zone. Also look at the one called "Comfort Criteria"

winfred.dela
13-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Abby Normal,

Thank you for the link.
You really know all those nice links about HVAC.
It would be very valuable when i decide to go back to HVAC business.

Regards
Winfred.Dela :)

Abby Normal
13-11-2006, 11:22 PM
You are welcome winfred. EH Price started in my 'old neck of the woods'. Was nice to see them established in the USA and their products in use in the Caribbean.

I was supposed to go to their "University" back in 2004, however we were hit by a major hurricane here, and it sort of put life at a stand still for a couple years.

I think I will go next year sometime.

Abby Normal
14-11-2006, 01:56 AM

Give all the babes sweaters for Christmas, else a ducted system like winfred suggested

KayPoh
14-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Give all the babes sweaters for Christmas
You forgot the babes heads also need refuge from the draft? Hahaha.:D
If the unit is a 4-ways throw, maybe you can blank off 1 side or even 2 sides that are giving problems. I presume the remaining sides are not affecting the staffs. Just a suggestion.

Abby Normal
14-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Naw the babes got the big bar hair, all teased up, looking to snag a rich executive.