PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Jacket R100

old gas bottle
11-11-2006, 07:24 PM
anyone else got one of theese recovery machines yet? i was told i have one of only three in europe, i like mine,just wondered if anyone has a opinion on them,by the way there a 1hp twin cylinder unit, shift some gas.

monkey spanners
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Is that the one that looks a bit like dougle from the magic roundabout? Seen it in an advert somewhere in the RAC magazine. I'm planing to check one out at the RAC show.I've had two shocks off my Ecobuddy rig (110v) but may have been due to dodgy electics as both times it was on a farm.

Cheers Jon

old gas bottle
12-11-2006, 10:19 AM
its just a square metal box,quite heavy having a twin pump in it but work hell of a lot quicker,bit heavy up a ladder but just the ticket on most jobs,at last a real sucum and see!! i,am not supprised you had a shock,the electrics in all theese units i have seen is appauling,take the cover off and earth the motor, on mine theres one earth on the casing and the motors sat on rubber mounts!!i also have a RCD plug on it,when pulling liquid theres quite a bit of moisture in the case so take care.

monkey spanners
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
The one i was thinking of is in the 'guide to recovery machines' in the back of autumns Service Engineer magazine. (see it does look like dougle lol)

Jon

pendlesteve
22-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi,

Sorry this a little late.
Be careful, according to the Ritchie Yellow Jacket catalogue, the R100 will not pump R407C or 410A where the new models X, XL & XLT will.

old gas bottle
22-11-2006, 07:32 PM
mmmm,i ll persue that one, doing some field testing for them on a new machine that will,only problem i,am finding is that they have to restrict the duty to compensate for the pressure, not convinced yet.